Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My dog is flying tonight

My dog is flying tonight

Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice
Default My dog is flying tonight

My Black Lab is flying tonight at 21.45 on BA and I'm really worried for her.
The only time we have been away from her before is when we have been on holiday in OZ and we had somebody stay in our house to keep up her normal routine for her and the cats.

Has anyone else got there dog flying tonight. She's off to Sydney.

Last edited by flodsfive; Oct 29th 2008 at 8:15 pm. Reason: Title
Old Oct 29th 2008, 11:35 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: My dog is flying tonight

Hi

I know how you feel, we flew our dogs out to Sydney last month i worried and felt so guilty for putting them through it, but they arrived safely and have done there stint in quarantine and came home on Sunday.
I'm sure all will be fine but it won't stop you worrying and they are really good at Eastern Creek Quarantine.
You can phone when she has landed and they will let you know howshe is doing.
Hope all goes well with her flight tonight.

Kerry
Old Oct 30th 2008, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by flodsfive
The only time we have been away from her before is when we have been on holiday in OZ and we had somebody stay in our house to keep up her normal routine for her and the cats.

Hi, Just wanted to say the same, our dog had never been cared for outside the house, but he was fine. He had to fly from Sydney to us in Brisbane, he acted like he had never been away from us and three weeks back with us is loving aus.

Claire
Old Oct 30th 2008, 2:21 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

"my dog is flying tonight" sounds like it could be a song title.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Originally Posted by markallwood
"my dog is flying tonight" sounds like it could be a song title.
Sounds Good, Go on then, I dare you write it and post it on BE you never know it might be a overnight hit.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Just a note of warning to anyone else sending there beloved pets over, the vets say to phone a few hours after the pets land. we did and the phone no. is for the main desk, they said wait a while and then phone the handler on a different no. which they gave us. so we phoned a few hours later as requested 5.15 am our time. we had left it to late apparently the answer phone message said the handler is only available to speak between the hours of 1-3pm mon-fri, Sydney time. So now we have to wait till mon to see how she is.

I guess the only consolation is she must be there because she has a handler.

Thought i'd just mention it so somebody can learn from our mistake.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Just a note of warning to anyone else sending there beloved pets over, the vets say to phone a few hours after the pets land. we did and the phone no. is for the main desk, they said wait a while and then phone the handler on a different no. which they gave us. so we phoned a few hours later as requested 5.15 am our time. we had left it to late apparently the answer phone message said the handler is only available to speak between the hours of 1-3pm mon-fri, Sydney time. So now we have to wait till mon to see how she is.

I guess the only consolation is she must be there because she has a handler.

Thought i'd just mention it so somebody can learn from our mistake.
Thanks for the info, sure she'll be just fine x
Old Oct 31st 2008, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

maund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to all

You know that is the part which is worrying me most. At least with the kids you can talk them through what is happening. We have always put our dog into kennels when on holiday and although he hates it has always come out of it ok and that is him having to go into German kennels and he doesn't understand a word of German

I am sure yours will be fine, you will have to keep us informed.
Gill
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Badger Brock is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks FlodsFive for the info about Eastern Creek. My dog Dippy arrived last Friday, although I couldnt find out that she had aarrived until I phoned the Reception last night (I was picturing her sitting in her crate at an airport somewhere). I tried getting through to the handler but only got her answermachine, so I was really worried. However I have asked DogWalks to visit her and they sound really helpful so Im sure everything will be okay. Such a relief after a horrendous time last week, when she failed her Lepto on Monday, then passed it on the Wednesday, so they had to find her a last minute flight. I was traumatised!! Good luck anyway. Are you going in to visit your dog?

Veronica
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:37 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds Good, Go on then, I dare you write it and post it on BE you never know it might be a overnight hit.
my dog is flying tonight,
she is flying tonigt,
her scheduled flight is JAL243
and I just hope that she will forgive me

my dog is flying tonight
flying tonight
will she have enough food and water?
will there be turbulence over the straights of gibraltar?

ok that's enough, someone else can finish it off, heh heh.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by markallwood
my dog is flying tonight,
she is flying tonigt,
her scheduled flight is JAL243
and I just hope that she will forgive me

my dog is flying tonight
flying tonight
will she have enough food and water?
will there be turbulence over the straights of gibraltar?

ok that's enough, someone else can finish it off, heh heh.

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond repute

I saw my dogs flying on a few nights,I never knew whether to blame Brown Ale,Pernod ,or Jagermeister.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

lickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to all

Hi, Just wanted to let you know that I brought my little 16 year old Yorkie out from UK to Adelaide. She arrived into Melbourne and they were so lovely at the quarantine station there, they let me see her an hour after she landed. She looked tired but was sooo happy to see me. She made it through her quarantine, even though she was almost deaf, had no teeth and was 16 years old with loads of medication, eye drops etc. I flew from Adelaide to melbourne every week to see her for a few days. So to anyone worried about bringing their older dog, just do it, I am so glad I did. Unfortunately 4 months later my poor little Penny died. Heart Broken, but it had nothing to do with bringing her here, it was her heart, but so glad I had her here with me when she went. x
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

A quick update on trix my labrador. She apparently has gone off her food a bit, not uncommon apparently so I have spoken to her handler for advice and they have suggested a lady that can come and walk her up to five times a week. which I have now arranged. Not bad price $12 a walk and she will take photo's and e-mail them to us. for all your info they get a check over by the vet 7 days after arrival then if all OK they are allowed out to be walked by the allocated walkers. This can happen mon-fri only. So if all OK she will be allowed out for a walk on thursday. I feel so hopeless back in the UK.

nb thank you for all the personal messages.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:56 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=MarkMC;6923350]Hi

You can phone when she has landed and they will let you know how she is doing.

Sorry never mean't to mislead anyone just that i did phone an hour after they landed and got straight through to reception and she told me they were there and safe and then gave me there care workers number and i spoke to her.
Hope your dog doesn't have a to stressful time in quarantine.

Kerry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.