Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My Daughters budgie died !! What do I tell her ?

My Daughters budgie died !! What do I tell her ?

Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:49 am
ABCDiamond

Default My Daughters budgie died !! What do I tell her ?

My Daughters budgie died yesterday !

She has been overseas for the last 10 days, and gets back on Tuesday, i'm dreading the reaction when she gets back and finds out. (She's 9)

I fed it, I gave it water, but it still died on me !!!

What do I tell her ? Do I tell her when she rings, or wait till she gets back ?

It seemed perfectly OK before I went to the shops, but died within 30 minutes of me getting back.

I've normally got an answer to most things, but this has me worried :scared:

Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My Daughters budgie died !! What do I tell her ?

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

She has been overseas for the last 10 days, and gets back on Tuesday, i'm dreading the reaction when she gets back and finds out. (She's 9)

It seemed perfectly OK before I went to the shops, but died within 30 minutes of me getting back.

Oh dear poor thing but maybe you should let her know when she comes home.

Is there nowhere you can keep it till she comes home then you could bury it somewhere together.

Sorry if typing is funny my cat wont move from the infront of the screen

Debs xxx
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:58 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Honesty is the best policy - prepares them for the harsh realities of life. Wait til she gets home though - don't let it spoil her trip. (But I wouldn't like to be in your shoes) Good luck.

Binbird
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Tell her that the budgie has died
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:03 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Why not go and get another identical one and see if she notices?
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:05 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Why not go and get another identical one and see if she notices?
..or nail it to its perch. She might not notice
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:06 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Tell her that the budgie has died
Damn! You stole my answer.

Honesty is the best policy at that age ABC, shes not silly and it'll upset her more if you try a decoy. But i wouldnt tell her till shes back if it were me
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:07 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Agree with Binbird, honesty is the best policy, I remember when my budge died, was about 7 at the time and devastated but best to know the truth.

I'd wait til she gets home though, not point upsetting her for the journey.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:08 am
Phoenixuk2oz

You live in Australia.....there must be 30 million more of em....go find one that looks the same

I once came back from hols to find my rabbit had changed colour slightly. Gran said it had been sunbathing

Took me till my 30's to find out........ grans dog ate it

Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:08 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Having been through this with goldfish Truth is best policy, be prepared for 48 hrs of mourning including the beginnings of pestering for a larger anmimal, if she has ever had an inclination towards buying a dog you are about to find out in earnest. Agree with others wait till she gets home and get the 'welcome's out fo the way!.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:11 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

I would wait till she comes home and then tell her. i know she will be upset but kids can deal with things far beyond what we think they can. my daughter is 10 and although i know she would be upset she would understnd and be ok.
Hope all goes well, try not to worry too much. poor you
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs

Honesty is the best policy at that age ABC, shes not silly and it'll upset her more if you try a decoy. But i wouldnt tell her till shes back if it were me
My answer too - isn't there an episode if The Vicar of Dibley where Dippy Alice discovers why her budgie looked a little different every couple of years?

Or give her a Monty Python video to watch..........

This budgie is an ex-budgie, it has ceased to be...........
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hevs

Might be best to put it in the freezer though.

She may want to bury it (I still remember burying my budgie when I was young) but if she is not back for a few days, things could start getting a bit smelly!!

Finish off that icecream in your freezer thus killing 2 birds with one stone (pardon the inappropriate pun), you have a ready made coffin and will have freed up space in the temporary morgue (ie freezer)
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Tell her they taste like chicken.
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
You live in Australia.....there must be 30 million more of em....go find one that looks the same

I once came back from hols to find my rabbit had changed colour slightly. Gran said it had been sunbathing

Took me till my 30's to find out........ grans dog ate it
Slow learner,? I wonder what else they did to you over the years Tell your Daughter it has gone to join the wild budgies in central Australia,all 30million of them.............. mm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.