Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My dad is in surgury right now

My dad is in surgury right now

Old Dec 30th 2010, 8:57 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My dad is in surgury right now

Yep, been there too. There's nothing you can do whether you're here or there, but I know it doesn't feel like that at the time.

Hope you managed to get some sleep. Thinking positive thoughts for your Dad.
Old Dec 30th 2010, 9:34 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Safin
thank you guys. All are asleep here and i am sat here on my own on my vigil. I know many of you have been in my seat and know how i feel. I guess time will tell and in and a few hours I will feel silly for being so melodramatic
As Vim said, please don't feel silly for anything. Your feelings (whatever they may be) are 100% valid and you know you can come here to vent or for support any time.

for you and your dad.
Old Dec 30th 2010, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

We got the call two days before Christmas that my lovely Dad has throat cancer.Completely shook us all.He is having surgergy in the New Year.We are all trying to remain positive but its very hard ,especially being so far away.All the best with your Dad.Im sure you will get some good news.

Last edited by irishbloo; Dec 30th 2010 at 11:01 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 31st 2010, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Well the morning did bring better news. Although they won't tell me much on the phone they say it went as planned and he is comfortable.

As you all say I am sure it still would've been hard if I was still living there, but at least I'd be able to go see him today then. Still, trying to sort it to go home in the next couple of weeks while he's recuperating so thats a positive. and positive is where i am trying to stay......

Thanks for your support and for those who are going through similar stuff my thoughts are with you too.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

Hey hun, hope our night out helped distract you. Glad the op went as expected, get booking your flight home cos that will help you no end.

XXXXXXXXX
Old Jan 1st 2011, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Hope all goes well x