Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My chat with a Perth policeman...crime and Formula Nippon

My chat with a Perth policeman...crime and Formula Nippon

Old Dec 18th 2004, 11:42 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default My chat with a Perth policeman...crime and Formula Nippon

....well, was more a talk for an hour, at 1 am in the Elephant and Wheelbarrow in Northbridge, WA.
I mentioned this in the Perth night out thread, but I just remembered something else, so thought I'd do a seperate post.

The constable/sergeant was there with his younger colleague who'd turned 30, and was going through a bad patch, so they took him out.

He was with Organised crime. And before that he was unit 78 or something, immediate response or something(so murders, rapes, etc).
The other guy was asset something. Taking the houses, cars, boats away from the crooks.

Oh, btw, there's maffia in Perth (Leederville for one(but I knew that already, but got it confirmed )). And gangs. But for the average person like myself, there's not really anything to worry about (his words).

Ampethetamines and ecstasy is a problem. (come from Asia. He explained something about the market, but didn't quite get that)
Heroin used to be. Not recently, but now this last month 15 people have died of an overdosis or something. Doesn't make the news.
He said something about that labs pop up regularly, but they're onto them straight away mostly.

Lots of spiked drinks are a myth.
Reta-something-or-other doesn't work straight away. Works after about 8 hours.
It happens, but not on a wide scale
(I asked him about this after a thread on this forum )

Maruhanja(?!) there's a lot of it, but they don't really bother with that, only when they come across a major hydro thingy lab.

On from the drink spiking he also talked about raping/date rape. He said most of it is reported on Sunday afternoon. And a lot of them are false claims. His 'theory'(I think) was that the girls/ladies go out on Friday, get drunk and go home with some guy who isn't there partner... Then on Saturday their partners ask where they were the night before, and to get out of that they say they've been raped, and report in on Sunday.
Not sure about this theory myself. I believe it would happen, but I'm not sure about on a wide scale.

As I said, interesting conversation
Oh, and they were very impressed I'd lived in Bidyadanga and Nullagine.("How did you end up there????"!!)
I wouldn't agree with the younger one about Bidyadanga/La Grange having the best beach in the world though!!! Too many nasties I remember(octopusses in the rocks..) It is nice and empty though, like Eighty Mile Beach.
And the constable grew up in Bridgetown, but hadn't been back for years.

Ah yes, he also gave me some 'inside information" that most probably there's going to be a Formula 1 track built in Bunbury, near the airport.

So check this out on google and found this:
http://www.bunbury.wa.gov.au/eoi/bic...nalComplex.htm
The City of Bunbury is in receipt of a proposal to establish a $30 million international motoring complex in Bunbury.* As part of councils consideration it seeks your views and comments.
This isn't formula 1, but the next level down, Formula Nippon, so still quite impressive. It would be great for Bunbury!!
Here some more info, it says it's approved!(doesn't say what date..)
http://www.pimm.org/final.html

http://www.formulanippon.com.au/event.html

Hmm, can see here that only other two active circuits are in Adelaide and Melbourne
http://www.racingcircuits.net/Australia/

Anyway, others might say: yeah yeah, we know all that. Well, I don't really, I do read the newspaper....sometimes, but it was just very interesting talking to a cop about this! Becomes more real for some reason.

Last edited by Simone; Dec 18th 2004 at 11:45 am.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My chat with a Perth policeman...crime and Formula Nippon

Originally Posted by Simone
....well, was more a talk for an hour, at 1 am in the Elephant and Wheelbarrow in Northbridge, WA. I mentioned this in the Perth night out thread, but I just remembered something else, so thought I'd do a seperate post.
And they say Perth is boring...
Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:50 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
And they say Perth is boring...
lol
Depends where you're coming from!

For me, certainly not boring. All depends on what you do, where you do it, and who you do it with though.....
Old Dec 18th 2004, 3:20 pm
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice

lol
Depends where you're coming from!
Usually with Mike, He's coming from an Anti Australian angle
Old Dec 18th 2004, 3:34 pm
f1junkie

Sander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura about

Very interesting chat you had Simone, thanks for posting that!

Would be nice to have a race track (relatively) closeby!!
Old Dec 18th 2004, 3:41 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

<snip>Maruhanja(?!) there's a lot of it, but they don't really bother with that, only when they come across a major hydro thingy lab.<snip>
I would find the correct spelling but I can't be ...
Old Dec 18th 2004, 3:49 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

As resident dictionary-corner expert, that'd be Marijuana.

GG

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
I would find the correct spelling but I can't be ...
Old Dec 18th 2004, 3:53 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Geordie George

GG
I'll go with "dope" ... it's less effort
Old Dec 19th 2004, 2:04 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by Geordie George

GG
Stupid word. Doesn't spell like it sounds at all.
I'd go with dope/grass/weed but I don't know which is the most appropriate in (Australian) English. (I'd go with weed in Dutch, or I'd say joints)

Usually with Mike, He's coming from an Anti Australian angle
yep!
I could've answered in so many ways....
Old Dec 19th 2004, 2:22 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Simone]Stupid word. Doesn't spell like it sounds at all.
I'd go with dope/grass/weed but I don't know which is the most appropriate in (Australian) English. (I'd go with weed in Dutch, or I'd say joints)

[QUOTE]

Anyone seen the Ali G section on drugs??!

Ali G,: What is the different types of hash out there? We all know that it’s called da bionic, da bomb, da puff, da blow, da herb, da sensi, da chronic, da sweet mary jane, ganja, spliff, reefer, da bud, da buddha, da homegrown, da ill, da Maui-Maui, da method, pot, lethal, turbo, thai, shake, skunk, stress, wacky, weed, blaze, da boot, dime-bag, scooby-doo, bob, bogey, backyard boogie, but what is the other terms for it?
Special Agent Glaspy: That's, eh, that about covers it.
Old Dec 19th 2004, 2:32 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

[QUOTE=NJJ][QUOTE=Simone]Stupid word. Doesn't spell like it sounds at all.

Anyone seen the Ali G section on drugs??!

Ali G,: What is the different types of hash out there? We all know that it’s called da bionic, da bomb, da puff, da blow, da herb, da sensi, da chronic, da sweet mary jane, ganja, spliff, reefer, da bud, da buddha, da homegrown, da ill, da Maui-Maui, da method, pot, lethal, turbo, thai, shake, skunk, stress, wacky, weed, blaze, da boot, dime-bag, scooby-doo, bob, bogey, backyard boogie, but what is the other terms for it?
Special Agent Glaspy: That's, eh, that about covers it.
Ah yes, hash. There is a difference isn't there?
Different types, I remember someone saying something about Black Widow once?

oh dear, what is this thread coming too (what did it actually start as... )
Old Dec 19th 2004, 10:21 pm
Monkey

In article <[email protected]> ,
member10302@british_expats.com (Simone) wrote:

> *Subject:* Re: My chat with a Perth policeman...crime and Formula Nippon
    > *From:* Simone <member10302@british_expats.com>
    > *Date:* Sun, 19 Dec 2004 03:04:59 +0000
    >
    >
    > > As resident dictionary-corner expert, that'd be Marijuana. ;)
    > >
    > > GG
    >
    > Stupid word. Doesn't spell like it sounds at all.
    > I'd go with dope/grass/weed but I don't know which is the most
    > appropriate in (Australian) English. (I'd go with weed in Dutch, or I'd
    > say joints)
    >
    >
    > yep! :D
    > I could've answered in so many ways....
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    >

Graffiti I saw in Leeds today:

Don't drink and drive.
Smoke weed and fly.

:-)

--
Paul
http://www.labrose.com

Old Dec 20th 2004, 12:11 pm
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice

Ah yes, hash. There is a difference isn't there?
Different types, I remember someone saying something about Black Widow once?

oh dear, what is this thread coming too (what did it actually start as... )
Hashish is the solid resin that is extracted from weed

Another for you is

The word Assassin is belived to come from the bandits in the ME that where ruthless killers and smoked Hashish! :scared: