Reload this Page >

Houses in Rockingham Area, South Of Perth Advice

Houses in Rockingham Area, South Of Perth Advice

Old Dec 20th 2004, 5:28 am
Just Joined

reni10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Houses in Rockingham Area, South Of Perth Advice

Hey everyone,

I know that there are a few of you on this board from the Rockingham area and I was wondering if you could give me some advice as to where a good place would be to buy a house in the Rockingham area.

I know the new train line to Perth is going in there in 2006 and am seriously considering moving there.

Would be looking at a nice 4 bed, 2 bath, 2 car which has a garden and A/C for about $280K, is this realistic?

Any advice on areas to avoid would also be appreciated.

Ideally it would be about 1-10km from the beach and have good access the the new rail station so that commuting to Perth for work would be possible.

Thanks to all for their help, it is much appreciated...
Old Dec 20th 2004, 7:36 am
A happy pom in Oz!

johnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Houses in Rockingham Area, South Of Perth Advice

Originally Posted by reni10
Hey everyone,

I know that there are a few of you on this board from the Rockingham area and I was wondering if you could give me some advice as to where a good place would be to buy a house in the Rockingham area.

I know the new train line to Perth is going in there in 2006 and am seriously considering moving there.

Would be looking at a nice 4 bed, 2 bath, 2 car which has a garden and A/C for about $280K, is this realistic?

Any advice on areas to avoid would also be appreciated.

Ideally it would be about 1-10km from the beach and have good access the the new rail station so that commuting to Perth for work would be possible.

Thanks to all for their help, it is much appreciated...
Try this ...

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&cu=oi-DEFAULT
Old Dec 20th 2004, 7:42 am
Just Joined

reni10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnnie7au

Thanks but I have already checked out all the Real Estate agents and domain.com.au etc.; was looking for some first hand knowledge from some locals on the places to buy in and the places to stay away from...
Old Dec 20th 2004, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Smile Re: Houses in Rockingham Area, South Of Perth Advice

hi there

I live in Rockingham so anything you need to know just ask away!

As a rule of thumb you should be looking at anything on the beachside of Read Street as the other side of Read Street, whilst not particularly "bad" is not as well thought of. Suburbs to avoid (at the moment) are Cooloongup, east waikiki (particularly anything the other side of Wilmott Drive). They have a large transient population and lots of homes west (council) homes there so usually have a lower socio-economic demographic, I have been told the schools in those areas are not very good...but I hasten to add...I have not got first hand knowledge of this myself...just from what the mums up at my son's school tell me (he's at Star of the Sea).

Good areas are most of Safety bay, Richmond Gardens (where I live), the meadows estate (whilst on the "wrong" side of Read street is actually close to the beach so considered ok), Old rockingham has lots of older properties, but they tend to have larger plots and are very close to the foreshore and lots of new developments going on there. They are building some foreshore apartments that are here:

http://www.rockinghamwa.com/Portal_G...sp?Gid=2&ID=99

The Anchorage is also a new development but to me has that Barrett Estate type feel to it...(houses that are detached, built in very close proximity to one another), The beach side of Warnbro is good. Port Kennedy is up and coming, but IMHO just that little bit too far south, especially if commuting to Perth....but I guess once the railway is in this isn't going to be such a problem. I do know of people who commute into Perth from Mandurah but I would think it would be a bit arduous at the moment, especially with the roadworks on the Freeway for the new railway!!

To be honest most of Rockingham is within spitting distance of the beach unless you want to go out a bit towards Baldivis or settlers hill.

The railway station is going to be on the corner of Ennis Ave and Rae Road so anything in that proximity is going to go through the roof.

If you want to know anything else...feel free!!

love sophia xx
Old Dec 20th 2004, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

http://www.rockinghamwa.com/Portal_G...sp?Gid=1&ID=17

This is from the same website I mentioned above, but this is Rockingham's economic profile...I always knew it was a cool place to live!!

love sophia xx