Murarrie

Old Mar 13th 2013, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Jlsr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Murarrie

Hi everyone,

we'll be moving to Brissy in June of this year, my husband has a job in Murarrie. I've just stared researching places to live (rent) that are within a sensible commute by car to his workplace (it takes him 2 minutes to walk to work right now ). My business and personal interest is horse related so we would prefer to be somewhere rural/semi-rural, does anyone have any suggestions? I have looked at Mount Cotton, but not much rental opportunites, we also have a 3 year old, so child care and schools will need to be a consideration. Thanks in advance for any tips...I'm a bit 'rabbit in the headlights' freaked out stage right now...but also very excited!

Cheers

Jayne
Old Mar 13th 2013, 10:57 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murarrie

Originally Posted by Jlsr
Hi everyone,

we'll be moving to Brissy in June of this year, my husband has a job in Murarrie. I've just stared researching places to live (rent) that are within a sensible commute by car to his workplace (it takes him 2 minutes to walk to work right now ). My business and personal interest is horse related so we would prefer to be somewhere rural/semi-rural, does anyone have any suggestions? I have looked at Mount Cotton, but not much rental opportunites, we also have a 3 year old, so child care and schools will need to be a consideration. Thanks in advance for any tips...I'm a bit 'rabbit in the headlights' freaked out stage right now...but also very excited!

Jayne
Living semi rural and an easy commute do not go hand in hand around here. Brisbane traffic can be appalling at times. I would not want to commute from Mount Cotton to Murrarie. my son's office is there but he lives in the city.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

Jlsr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
Living semi rural and an easy commute do not go hand in hand around here. Brisbane traffic can be appalling at times. I would not want to commute from Mount Cotton to Murrarie. my son's office is there but he lives in the city.
Thanks Grayling, are there any times of the day the commute is better than others? I'm pretty sure the job is flexible in terms of time in & out. I'm thinking 30 minutes is a sensible commute, but not sure that's sensible by Brisbane standards?
Old Mar 14th 2013, 2:14 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Murarrie is pretty easy to get to!

I work in Murarrie and despite living in The Gap (ie. work in SE Brisbane, live in NW Brisbane) my commute is rarely longer than 30 minutes in the car - which is less than it would be if I were working in the City and having to catch public transport.

For Semi-rural stuff for horses I'd think anywhere just ot the East of the Gateway Motorway would do (Chandler, Burbank, Tingalpa) - if you go too far east then land prices will pick up again as you get closer to the 'desirable' bayside suburbs and west of the Gateway Motorway gets you into suburban sprawl.

To be honest - if you live within reasonable distance of the Gateway, traffic to get to Murarrie is not going to be too much of a problem.

...however, you aren't going to get find a rental with a 2 minute commute, live on a horse supporting acreage and a state-topping state school within walking distance!