Reload this Page >

Mums meet on the Sunshine Coast

Mums meet on the Sunshine Coast

Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

frorge is on a distinguished road
Default Mums meet on the Sunshine Coast

Hi All,

ive been living on the Sunshine Coast for 6 months now, and really need to get out and meet some people.
So I was wondering, if theres any stay at home mums out there ( or dads ), would fancy meeting up one morning, maybe la Blasa park or some where similar that is child friendly ?

Im 31 and originally from Bracknell in Berkshire.
My 2 boys are Freddie ( almost 3 ) and George ( almost 2 )

Weve just bought a house in Buderim, and move in tomorrow !!!

Would be great to hear from you.
Ang
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Em and Rob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mums meet on the Sunshine Coast

Hi Ang

I'm new to the area myself with a 3mth old boy called Fraser. Via this site I have found some girls that tend to meet in Buderim for coffee on a Friday. I will be joining them for the first time this week. Unsure of time or place at mo' though. If you 'pm' me your mobile number I will pass the details to you as soon as I find out this week. Maybe we could then meet each other and others.......

Emma
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:55 am
Banned

LDU1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ang

I live in Mooloolaba and have been here nearly 4 years, we are going out on a girlie on Friday night for my birthday. Meet Sand Bar, Mooloolaba (above Belimisso) 7.30pm. There are at least three new to the coast girls coming out, and around 15 of us in all, a great start for you to meet people.

People always seem to find me think its throught the DVDs I have produced on the livingdownunder website, if you want to see a pic of me check that out.

I also run a mobile playgroup every Tuesday, we go different places on the coast I have a 2 and 9 year old, there are around 10 mums now and next Tues we are going to Chambers Island opposite Swan Boat Hire, maroochydore. we go a different plave each week, so it is fun and interesting for the little ones.

I hope you will join us, email me through the livingdownunder website and I will add you onto our email list to let you know where we are going each week, just bring morning tea and you will have a good time GUARANTEED

C u then

Tessa
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:56 am
Banned

Hi Ang

I live in Mooloolaba and have been here nearly 4 years, we are going out on a girlie on Friday night for my birthday. Meet Sand Bar, Mooloolaba (above Belimisso) 7.30pm. There are at least three new to the coast girls coming out, and around 15 of us in all, a great start for you to meet people.

People always seem to find me think its throught the DVDs I have produced on the livingdownunder website, if you want to see a pic of me check that out.

I also run a mobile playgroup every Tuesday, we go different places on the coast I have a 2 and 9 year old, there are around 10 mums now and next Tues we are going to Chambers Island opposite Swan Boat Hire, maroochydore. we go a different plave each week, so it is fun and interesting for the little ones.

I hope you will join us, email me through the livingdownunder website and I will add you onto our email list to let you know where we are going each week, just bring morning tea and you will have a good time GUARANTEED

C u then

Tessa
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:59 am
Banned

C u then

Tessa
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Hey Tessa

Can I gate crash Friday night too then? I could misbehave after a few glasses but promise I will be on my best behaviour :-)

Emma
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

OOOP's - as quick as I invited myself, OH has reminded me of another arrangement we have

A Happy Birthday to you, and I hope the night will be one to remember :-)

Would be nice to meet you all next time...

Emma
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi to all the lovely moms on the sunshine coast that will view this post. My name's Carley, me, hubby and kids will be landing at Brisbane Airport 22/04 and have booked accom for the first 2wks in Maroochydore. We are looking at staying around Mooloolaba ,Mountain Creek and Buderim. Andy is a carpenter and has no job when we arrive, so lots to sort out, and i suppose its down to that as to where we eventually settle. But, im just so happy to have found this thread, my kids are Anya, 3 n half and Ryder who is 2 in July. I really want to meet up with other stay at home moms with young kids, ive met others off this site to meet up with but they dont have kids or are older so i would love to meet up with you all!

I am a little nervous about finding new friends but this thread has put me at ease a little!! In UK, Anya goes to pre school everyday (afternoons), and she loves it, and to be honest, i think she would have loved going to school in september, but obviously she wont even be able to go to a pre school until next Jan!! Does anyone take their young ones to a similar place as a pre school for a couple of sessions? I know we will have to pay, but i think it would be good for her, a little of what she knows and all that. If anyone knows of any good ones, please let me know! The mobile playgroup sounds great too, so im very interested in coming along to those!

Its also great to hear that you all go on girls nights out together too!! Thats a great relief, I like to think of me and Andy as youngish (28 and 33), and we still like to socially go out and as we have babysitters all the time over in UK, we are always seeing local bands, pubbing or occasionally to a club, but thought that would be put on hold for good, well, or until we had visitors over!! Do the Men/Dads ever meet up too?

Well, thanks for reading!! Look forward to seeing you all in the near future!!
Carley
Old Apr 19th 2008, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

ARGY is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Mums meet on the Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by frorge
Hi All,

ive been living on the Sunshine Coast for 6 months now, and really need to get out and meet some people.
So I was wondering, if theres any stay at home mums out there ( or dads ), would fancy meeting up one morning, maybe la Blasa park or some where similar that is child friendly ?

Im 31 and originally from Bracknell in Berkshire.
My 2 boys are Freddie ( almost 3 ) and George ( almost 2 )

Weve just bought a house in Buderim, and move in tomorrow !!!

Would be great to hear from you.
Ang
Hi to all

I am a stay at home mum with a 2yr old boy louis and another on the way, been out here for 10 months and so far loving it, we are originally from Reading, berkshire, just moved from Buderim to Sippy Downs, would be great to meet up im always up for a coffee and chat! , as for playgroups i take louis to mons playgroup in buderim they do sessions everyday its quite good loads of outdoor space for them to play, the mobile one sounds good too ill be up for that too! anyway would be grat to meet you all, let the kids play feel free to give me a buz my number is 0449178485
Hopefully see you soon

Holly & John
Holly

Last edited by ARGY; Apr 19th 2008 at 4:52 am.