Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Much Electrical Work North of Sydney???

Much Electrical Work North of Sydney???

Old Jan 10th 2007, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Much Electrical Work North of Sydney???

Hi can anyone help?

Looking North of Sydney but South of Brisbane, anyone know if there's much work there for Electrician?? Would come in as Mech Elec.... Hopefully. like Sydney but too expensive, Brisbane a little too hot. Thought about halfwayish.. Dependent on work for OH.

Any advise in that area would be appreciated. wouldn't mind commute of about 45 mins .

looking of spending up to $400,000 but must be 4 bed, on a house. wouldn't mind a lake or beach nr by. Anyone got any ideas. must be near a good Kindergarten/Primary and Secondary due to Children of all ages...... Healthcare good and Friendly community.

Problem is been researching Vic, but for last month or so been steering towards Sydney coast.....

Please, any advise greatly rec'd xx ta

S-j
Old Jan 11th 2007, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Jamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really nice
Default Re: Much Electrical Work North of Sydney???

It's a difficult one to answer really, as it's all down to the individual. I have no doubt whatsoever that with an Electrical Mechanic's license, there will be many opportunities afforded to you. The application process can be quite drawn-out, and if I had known how the system worked, there would have been lots of paperwork I would have submitted BEFORE I arrived, but hey, them's the breaks. When you get your certified copies of certificated and work evidence etc. I would highly recommend that you get a couple of additional copies, to save you the hassle of having them done out here.

As regards Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane... Considering the distance you will be travelling to get here, the distances between aren't all that far at all, and what's to stop you trying a few different places, and settling in the one you like best? -You may find you just get 'comfy' somewhere, and that's you settled. Work is never a problem if you're prepared to muck in and do whatever work it takes in the interim for you to establish yourself. Best of luck to you.

Jamie
Old Jan 11th 2007, 8:06 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamiem
It's a difficult one to answer really, as it's all down to the individual. I have no doubt whatsoever that with an Electrical Mechanic's license, there will be many opportunities afforded to you. The application process can be quite drawn-out, and if I had known how the system worked, there would have been lots of paperwork I would have submitted BEFORE I arrived, but hey, them's the breaks. When you get your certified copies of certificated and work evidence etc. I would highly recommend that you get a couple of additional copies, to save you the hassle of having them done out here.

As regards Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane... Considering the distance you will be travelling to get here, the distances between aren't all that far at all, and what's to stop you trying a few different places, and settling in the one you like best? -You may find you just get 'comfy' somewhere, and that's you settled. Work is never a problem if you're prepared to muck in and do whatever work it takes in the interim for you to establish yourself. Best of luck to you.

Jamie
hi i shall watch this thread closely.
we have just got our visa grant and we know thats where we want to be but not where
regards
N x
Old Jan 11th 2007, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Macquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really nice

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Hi can anyone help?

Looking North of Sydney but South of Brisbane, anyone know if there's much work there for Electrician?? Would come in as Mech Elec.... Hopefully. like Sydney but too expensive, Brisbane a little too hot. Thought about halfwayish.. Dependent on work for OH.

Any advise in that area would be appreciated. wouldn't mind commute of about 45 mins .

looking of spending up to $400,000 but must be 4 bed, on a house. wouldn't mind a lake or beach nr by. Anyone got any ideas. must be near a good Kindergarten/Primary and Secondary due to Children of all ages...... Healthcare good and Friendly community.

Problem is been researching Vic, but for last month or so been steering towards Sydney coast.....

Please, any advise greatly rec'd xx ta

S-j
Hi there,
Can't help on the job front but have you considered the Newcastle/Lake Macquarie area?
This website www.stickybeek.com.au has a bit of information and some pics (don't get too excited theres not many!) and links to property, tourism and council websites etc.
There are a few of us in this area including the Hunter Valley.
My family and I love it here, close to shops, beach, lake, good schools and large hospital and a university and still only 2 hours to Sydney for days or weekends away. Anyway, Newcastle has been discussed before so you could do a search and see what comes up from the past.
Good luck deciding.
Julie