Reload this Page >

BBC Series- Down Under- Jan,07

BBC Series- Down Under- Jan,07

Old Nov 2nd 2006, 10:18 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool BBC Series- Down Under- Jan,07

Hi All

Spotted in Aus/NZ mag that a 20 part series will be on BBC in January, migrats to Perth.

hoho

Dave
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC Series- Down Under- Jan,07

Originally Posted by mindblower
Hi All

Spotted in Aus/NZ mag that a 20 part series will be on BBC in January, migrats to Perth.

hoho

Dave
I'd like to watch that myself but it looks like I'll be arriving in Perth ni December so will miss it.

I may have to make use of uknova site if they have it listed.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 11:02 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

cool

lets hope the families featured dont attract the same appallingl character assassinations by BE posters like the last similar series did ....
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

This rekkie report: http://www.aussiemove.com/aus/rekkDtl.asp?th=10161 of Perth which has recently been posted is from a family who were filmed there by the BBC and it will be shown in the series.

Makes good reading.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
cool

lets hope the families featured dont attract the same appallingl character assassinations by BE posters like the last similar series did ....

Oh come off it! Only people who really got sniped about had some appalling character flaws!
Welsh Melbourne postie and family very normal and not a bad word said about them, others, well the TV certainly showed up the negative side, but made it worth watching
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Dave and Wendy on your Visa.

Were here if you need us

Love Lace xxxxx
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 3:07 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Oh come off it! Only people who really got sniped about had some appalling character flaws!
Welsh Melbourne postie and family very normal and not a bad word said about them, others, well the TV certainly showed up the negative side, but made it worth watching

The only fault with them was that the guy had an unhealthy fettish for anything KISS!

Rock on Gene + co...
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 5:40 am
Telford Tigers fan

stumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking forward to watching this as we are thinking about moving to Perth. I also read in the Aus/NZ mag about a Channel 4 series that was updated in July - 'New life Down Under' or something similar. That one totally passed me by, did anyone tape it by any chance and could lend me the video? I'll pay postage costs.

Jane
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 8:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stumo
I'm looking forward to watching this as we are thinking about moving to Perth. I also read in the Aus/NZ mag about a Channel 4 series that was updated in July - 'New life Down Under' or something similar. That one totally passed me by, did anyone tape it by any chance and could lend me the video? I'll pay postage costs.

Jane
The thing to remember is that all these programmes are edited to make good TV viewing - so just think about which bits of our lives would make good tele
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 8:13 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

hoho

Dave
Last week there was a lady posting on Poms in Perth site asking for families willing to be filmed in Perth, who were wanting to be filmed returning to the UK...they wanted to show how it also fails sometimes...the depression and anxiety people go through when they get here and want to go home...
I wasn't willing...who would..how depressing...then again unless they paid me thousands..and i mean in Pounds
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Last week there was a lady posting on Poms in Perth site asking for families willing to be filmed in Perth, who were wanting to be filmed returning to the UK...they wanted to show how it also fails sometimes...the depression and anxiety people go through when they get here and want to go home...
I wasn't willing...who would..how depressing...then again unless they paid me thousands..and i mean in Pounds
I would quite enjoy seeing those who are depressed and bored going home as it would be nice to follow them and see how happy they are when they get back to the UK.
Some friends of ours went back and are so pleased to be back, so it would have a happy ending, Perhaps they would pay for the airfare as part of the agreement to be filmed

Di
Old Nov 8th 2006, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

farrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud of

We got approached to do this series so obviously said yeah bring it on!!
They came and interviewed us on camera looked round our house lifestyle but alas the budget.
They kindly told us there were too many of us me hubby and 5 littleones! as it was first series it was limited funds but if it took off we'd be on call for the next series, Im hoping we'll be out there by then.
there destination choice for us was Sydney and i think it was Nadia swalha(hospitol presenter) that will be doing it.
Tight arse BBC is all I could say!!
Old Nov 8th 2006, 11:12 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The thing to remember is that all these programmes are edited to make good TV viewing - so just think about which bits of our lives would make good tele
Thats just it though, does making it appear that they have buggered up every small task they undertake make good TV, I dont think it does and now wont watch these progs for that reason. These progs make it appear that the family balls up every part of their migration, their rental house always falls through as they are about to move in, their container is always the one that gets opened last only for customs to find all their stuff is broken, etc etc. Then in about the last 30 seconds of the show, they do an update saying they are all incredibly happy, all have good jobs, and the children are loving school..........why the hell couldnt they portray that throughout the prog then, instead of focussing on every, and any, negative they could find. Very annoying. Showing things in a bad and nagative light doesnt make good TV in my opinion, it also gives a false impression of migration to potential migrants, who could be considering the move. Its the british disease, always focus on the negative, never look for a positive.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

farrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Thats just it though, does making it appear that they have buggered up every small task they undertake make good TV, I dont think it does and now wont watch these progs for that reason. These progs make it appear that the family balls up every part of their migration, their rental house always falls through as they are about to move in, their container is always the one that gets opened last only for customs to find all their stuff is broken, etc etc. Then in about the last 30 seconds of the show, they do an update saying they are all incredibly happy, all have good jobs, and the children are loving school..........why the hell couldnt they portray that throughout the prog then, instead of focussing on every, and any, negative they could find. Very annoying. Showing things in a bad and nagative light doesnt make good TV in my opinion, it also gives a false impression of migration to potential migrants, who could be considering the move. Its the british disease, always focus on the negative, never look for a positive.

maybe from this angle it was a good job we weren't picked!
Old Nov 19th 2006, 2:49 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

hoho

Dave
SERIOUSLY guys, can you imagine having a film crew following you around for months on end, It would drive me CRAZY, would have to look perfect all the time and never be able to pick my nose again!!!!!

BTW, How's Oldham? I was born there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.