Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mt Eliza question for people living thereabouts

Mt Eliza question for people living thereabouts

Old May 18th 2005, 4:15 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: Mt Eliza question for people living thereabouts

Originally Posted by Bordy
Now that IS a long day at work.
Glad it wasn't just me who thought "...eh!". But I thought I was just being thick and wasn't game to ask!?
Old May 18th 2005, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future
Default Re: Mt Eliza question for people living thereabouts

Originally Posted by Bordy
Now that IS a long day at work.

Bugger! I have Perth on the Brain.

Apologies, what I clearly meant to say was Melbourne!!
Old May 18th 2005, 5:08 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice

Originally Posted by darkless

Bugger! I have Perth on the Brain.

Apologies, what I clearly meant to say was Melbourne!!
Is that like 'water on the brain' only warmer???
Old May 18th 2005, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by floss
Is that like 'water on the brain' only warmer???
haha, yeah water on the brain is right at the moment.

There is plenty of water in Perth right now
Old May 19th 2005, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

Hi All (and hello to Sue and Chris, and to Helinuk (was it you that sent us that wonderful email on daycare?))

Thanks again for the great responses. Spent a second day in the environs. Looked at two houses, one on Colston Cl (a bit grotty), one near Sweetwater Creek (utterly gorgeous, and would have taken it on the spot if my wife had passed her driving test!!). Hopefully will be looking on Rutland Ave tomorrow, and am very hopeful.

Am enjoying all the time around there, and dread getting into the CBD where my hotel is 'cos then I have to do the Melbourne right turns!

Neil
Old May 19th 2005, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wongstonn
Hi All (and hello to Sue and Chris, and to Helinuk (was it you that sent us that wonderful email on daycare?))

Thanks again for the great responses. Spent a second day in the environs. Looked at two houses, one on Colston Cl (a bit grotty), one near Sweetwater Creek (utterly gorgeous, and would have taken it on the spot if my wife had passed her driving test!!). Hopefully will be looking on Rutland Ave tomorrow, and am very hopeful.

Am enjoying all the time around there, and dread getting into the CBD where my hotel is 'cos then I have to do the Melbourne right turns!

Neil
Good luck with the house hunting and all that Neil.

The hook turns aren't a problem once you get used to them after a few goes (imagine having driving lessons in the city which I did!). If you don't know which intersections have them look above for the hook turn sign, get in left, wait for the light to go red in front then make your turn but if there are quite a few cars turning be prepared to have to wait 2 cycles of the lights. The thing that I watch carefully for are the lights at pedestrian crossings in the middle of a block - you can be driving along looking at the lights at the intersection ahead and not notice them change. Watch the taxi drivers too!

One thing to add to my earlier post - my brother and his family did move house so they could be in the FHS catchment area. They were further up over the hill near Kingsley Park PS but when the first daughter got to secondary age they moved down into FHS area. The popularity of the school actually pushes up the property prices in the catchment area.

OzTennis
Old May 19th 2005, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Good luck with the house hunting and all that Neil.

The hook turns aren't a problem once you get used to them after a few goes (imagine having driving lessons in the city which I did!). If you don't know which intersections have them look above for the hook turn sign, get in left, wait for the light to go red in front then make your turn but if there are quite a few cars turning be prepared to have to wait 2 cycles of the lights. The thing that I watch carefully for are the lights at pedestrian crossings in the middle of a block - you can be driving along looking at the lights at the intersection ahead and not notice them change. Watch the taxi drivers too!

One thing to add to my earlier post - my brother and his family did move house so they could be in the FHS catchment area. They were further up over the hill near Kingsley Park PS but when the first daughter got to secondary age they moved down into FHS area. The popularity of the school actually pushes up the property prices in the catchment area.

OzTennis
Thanks for that. Boy did I need that advice!

Neil
Old May 19th 2005, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=wongstonn]Hi All (and hello to Sue and Chris, and to Helinuk (was it you that sent us that wonderful email on daycare?))

Hi Neil yes that was me - Helinuk
Old May 19th 2005, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

jskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura about

Interesting thread. We are actually planning to rent a house in Mt Eliza and have lodged an application already. Hoping it will pass tomorrow, if all goes well. If that is ok, we will lodge an application to get the kids into the Peninsula School (or Mt Eliza house as that "kindie" is called). Been told nothing but positive things about theat school.

.. we are a family of 4: 2 adults (32 and 30), 2 children (~3 years and 8 months) that are flying out on the 11th of June ...

.. will work in CBD, but have the option to work from home when there are no client engagements or internal/external meetings going on....

Would love to meet up with people there .. with the similar backgrounds and all!

Cheers,
Jørgen
Old May 19th 2005, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jskogsta]Interesting thread. We are actually planning to rent a house in Mt Eliza and have lodged an application already. Hoping it will pass tomorrow, if all goes well. If that is ok, we will lodge an application to get the kids into the Peninsula School (or Mt Eliza house as that "kindie" is called). Been told nothing but positive things about theat school.

Hi my Sisters stepson has just moved from the UK and goes to the Peninsula School, he loves it there. If you need any further info let me know and I will contact her.

John
Old May 21st 2005, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Okay. Am happy that Mt Eliza is the place. Been on the past gfour days and still love it. I am not a connosieur of beaches, but while small, Mt Eliza's was good enough for me.

Have tried the car commute top the CBD several times already and it is always clocking in at 1hr - 1hr 10mins, though I have not done the key morning rush hour run which I suppose would be easily the worst.

Now then, I once read that there is some free parking near Frankston station that some people use before catching the train. Is this true? Where do the commuters park up, anywhere in particular?

Neil
Old May 21st 2005, 7:03 am
Jammy Dodger

Originally Posted by wongstonn
Okay. Am happy that Mt Eliza is the place. Been on the past gfour days and still love it. I am not a connosieur of beaches, but while small, Mt Eliza's was good enough for me.

Have tried the car commute top the CBD several times already and it is always clocking in at 1hr - 1hr 10mins, though I have not done the key morning rush hour run which I suppose would be easily the worst.

Now then, I once read that there is some free parking near Frankston station that some people use before catching the train. Is this true? Where do the commuters park up, anywhere in particular?

Neil
Glad it's falling into place for you - hope to see you there!

Free station parking would be fab.... hadn't thought of THAT issue!?
Old May 21st 2005, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Smartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=jond]
Originally Posted by jskogsta
Interesting thread. We are actually planning to rent a house in Mt Eliza and have lodged an application already. Hoping it will pass tomorrow, if all goes well. If that is ok, we will lodge an application to get the kids into the Peninsula School (or Mt Eliza house as that "kindie" is called). Been told nothing but positive things about theat school.

Hi my Sisters stepson has just moved from the UK and goes to the Peninsula School, he loves it there. If you need any further info let me know and I will contact her.

John

We are planning to move to Mount Eliza in September and have 3 sons two of which will be in secondary education. The third is just about to start Uni, Scarey!! We have been in contact with the Penninsula school, watched the DVD and liked what we have seen, so we are waiting to see if they will have room for our two next year. Any info on the school would therefore be VERY gratefully received. Do you know if they have any info on the Mount Eliza Secondary college as well, just in case we can't get them in or decide its just to pricey for the two of them!! We have struggled to find out any real info on the state school which is why we are considering private.
Old May 21st 2005, 12:52 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Have you checked their website?

http://www.mesc.vic.edu.au/home.html
Old May 21st 2005, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smartinis
We are planning to move to Mount Eliza in September and have 3 sons two of which will be in secondary education. The third is just about to start Uni, Scarey!! We have been in contact with the Penninsula school, watched the DVD and liked what we have seen, so we are waiting to see if they will have room for our two next year. Any info on the school would therefore be VERY gratefully received. Do you know if they have any info on the Mount Eliza Secondary college as well, just in case we can't get them in or decide its just to pricey for the two of them!! We have struggled to find out any real info on the state school which is why we are considering private.
Hi My Sisters Stepson has just started at The Peninsula School and they rave about it, if you have any questions I can ask her for opinion.

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.