Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mrs Jim is back home :)

Mrs Jim is back home :)

Old May 12th 2005, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: Mrs Jim is back home :)

Thanks everyone, thank you so much

You know I worry how ppl will take my whinges as after all they're HARDLY Australia related, but it's just I've said b4, there are ppl out there that care, and after posting about all my troubles, I'm just sooooo happy to report good findings

EVERYTHING is just goin so well with her, and she's even started nagging again (DEF getting back to norm! ...lol).

She's off work now and NOT going back. The co she worked for worked her to the bone and contributed to the breakdown in the first place. I've said to take as long as she wants / needs b4 looking for alternative work, or if all goes well, leave it till we're in Oz ?!?! ........ will see on that one.

So yeah, altho there is the hill to climb still, she is having regular councilling, and with time we'll be back on track

One day at a time tho

Cheers
Old May 12th 2005, 9:03 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Thanks everyone, thank you so much

You know I worry how ppl will take my whinges as after all they're HARDLY Australia related, but it's just I've said b4, there are ppl out there that care, and after posting about all my troubles, I'm just sooooo happy to report good findings

EVERYTHING is just goin so well with her, and she's even started nagging again (DEF getting back to norm! ...lol).

She's off work now and NOT going back. The co she worked for worked her to the bone and contributed to the breakdown in the first place. I've said to take as long as she wants / needs b4 looking for alternative work, or if all goes well, leave it till we're in Oz ?!?! ........ will see on that one.

So yeah, altho there is the hill to climb still, she is having regular councilling, and with time we'll be back on track

One day at a time tho

Cheers
Jim its good to hear that you wife is feeling better , unload all you want on this site.
Yes people do care health is the one thing that matters most than any other ,
We are all happy that your on the up, stay strong .
Old May 12th 2005, 9:45 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Really pleased for you Paul. I hope the weather stays good for a while cos that will certainly help.

Take it slow and get her strong.

All the best.

Penny
Old May 12th 2005, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

Well just thought I'd say Mrs Jim2004 is out of the hospital and back home This is a weeks trial which has been arranged so if it is too soon and things go pear shaped, the bed will still be there and we won't have to go thru all the messing again to get her back in.

I'm confident it won't be needed as she is just getting better and better by the day All the things like watching TV, listening to music, reading of any sort, which she hasn't been able to do for weeks, well she's back on track with all of that!

At the time all of this started, there was a couple of worrying replies to one of my posts about the state of the Mental Health funding in Australia, and I think what I'm about to say is VERY relevant!

I've been shocked how many Aussies or Kiwi's we've come into contact really, the Social Worker is an Aussie, the Psychiatrist is a Kiwi, and the top bloke she see today is another Aussie.

Anyway, because of my worries about my partner, I HAD TO grab the top bloke today, pull to one side, and ask his opinion on Mental Health is Oz, and was quite reassured by his comments. He basically said that the help you'd get in Oz would be no diff from the UK, as good as! He said he'd worked in Brisbane for 3 yrs and said the help was as good there as anywhere else he'd worked!

Now as far as still going to Oz, well it's completely been put on the back burner for now, but hearing what I have from these few ppl, well it's just good news in my book.

The bloke I see today said there should be MANY things I should worry about with emigrating to Oz, but there Mental Health support REALLY shouldn't be one of them!

Sounds good to me!
Excellent news. Great efforts bring great rewards.
Old May 12th 2005, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Paul. Made my morning reading it. Onwards and upwards!
Old May 12th 2005, 11:42 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really please for you and your family. Good luck for the coming months and stay happy with whatever you decide. xx
Old May 13th 2005, 11:12 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Thanks everyone, thank you.

Well 1st night (and don't worry, I won't post every day! ...lol) went really well. She is sooooo much happier to be home again She actually slept for 11 hours :scared: ........ lazy cow!

So yeah, all gonna be good.

Just wondering if she'll be up for helping me clean out the garden pond ?!

Riveting stuff! .....lol
Old May 13th 2005, 11:30 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone, thank you.

Well 1st night (and don't worry, I won't post every day! ...lol) went really well. She is sooooo much happier to be home again She actually slept for 11 hours :scared: ........ lazy cow!

So yeah, all gonna be good.

Just wondering if she'll be up for helping me clean out the garden pond ?!

Riveting stuff! .....lol
hey mate if she is up for it then u do it...whatever makes her and in the end u happy then u go for it mate...........stick in there and keep us posted.................mega love and hugs to u both xx