Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mrs Buzzy's experiences at Heathrow today - car seats and baby milk

Mrs Buzzy's experiences at Heathrow today - car seats and baby milk

Old Nov 1st 2006, 6:50 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mrs Buzzy's experiences at Heathrow today - car seats and baby milk

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Update on the milk -

Once Mrs Buzzy had had her childrens milk stolen from her by the Heathrow Hitlers she then ran all around Terminal 4 looking for milk to buy - guess what - nowhere in Terminal 4 sells it!!!

So in desperation with 1/2 hour left for the flight she went to the BAA desk and asked for help. She explained what had happened - the desk lady went to get the Security manager for the whole of Heathrow who took Mrs Buzzy back to security and demanded of the security bitch who had stolen the milk where it was as the rules say Mrs Buzzy is perfectly entitled to take milk on the plane.

They got Mrs Buzzy's milk out of the fridge and returned it to her.

All of this with 2 toddlers to look after!

Buzzy
Way to go Mrs B
Old Nov 1st 2006, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Update on the milk -

Once Mrs Buzzy had had her childrens milk stolen from her by the Heathrow Hitlers she then ran all around Terminal 4 looking for milk to buy - guess what - nowhere in Terminal 4 sells it!!!

So in desperation with 1/2 hour left for the flight she went to the BAA desk and asked for help. She explained what had happened - the desk lady went to get the Security manager for the whole of Heathrow who took Mrs Buzzy back to security and demanded of the security bitch who had stolen the milk where it was as the rules say Mrs Buzzy is perfectly entitled to take milk on the plane.

They got Mrs Buzzy's milk out of the fridge and returned it to her.

All of this with 2 toddlers to look after!

Buzzy

So the milk that they'd confiscated, never to return to the eveil-maybe-bomber lady, they put in the FRIDGE?!
I have no sympathy with this sort of idiocy - do they really think any terrorist will be stupid enough to bring liquid explosive now after what has already happened? It's just an immense amount of hassle for all the ordinary people and does not make me feel any safer at all.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 7:00 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Mrs Buzzy's experiences at Heathrow today - car seats and baby milk

Originally Posted by esperanza
So the milk that they'd confiscated, never to return to the eveil-maybe-bomber lady, they put in the FRIDGE?!
I rest my case. The milk was stolen for their own personal use and not in any way because of potential terrorist action.

Buzzy
Old Nov 1st 2006, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

On the radio there was just another article about this - they said now passengers are allowed to carry on small quantities of liquids - up to a litre in total, if I was listening correctly.
Of course based on the story on this thread, new guidelines may mean nothing once at the security gate!
I think we should all get guidelines in writing before flying and kick up a fuss at security if they try to STEAL belongings.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 7:12 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you still buy duty free liquor prior to departure?
Old Nov 1st 2006, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

I rest my case. The milk was stolen for their own personal use and not in any way because of potential terrorist action.

Buzzy
I would be extreemly p*****d off as well. When I mentioned it to Ian he said that although some explosives are sensitive to heat some are also sensitive to cold, so you would never keep an unknown, potential explosive substance at anything other than ambient temperature (all points to them having run out of milk for their tea/coffee ).
I hope that the rest of her journey was OK.
Nicky
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cresta57
Can you still buy duty free liquor prior to departure?

Yep............once you are through customs and passport control you can buy anything
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:36 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seasprite
Hmmm, doesn't sound so good. we fly Saturday...not sure how they will test our milk...it's still in me!
Theres a fetish for that kind of thing (grown men liking baby milk 'straight from the tap')
Cant think of the name of it though