Mozzies!!

Old May 16th 2004, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Brian & Lou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mozzies!!

Hi All,

Where we live in Germany there is a big problem with mozzies and they are diring me nuts. We have to buy netting to put over all the windows to help but they still managed to get in last night - probably when I put the dogs out - so I spent half the night lying there listening to them buzzing around the room, then the other half blissfully sleeping while they feasted on me. I am now covered in bites and just wanted to know if its the same in OZ?? I don't mind using the insect repelant when outside, but do you have to buy netting for your windows or are they not so much of a problem? I live in a city so its not even as though I am in a rural area surrounded by water lol !!!

Lou
Old May 16th 2004, 7:25 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Mozzies!!

Just about ALL windows and doors have flyscreens fitted.
These stop the majority of mozzies.

You can also buy Bug Zappers, these will electrocute the things as they are attracted to the light. They tend to work well when left on 24hrs a day and keep the mozzies population down.

Some areas over here are more prone to mozzies, especially near still water, their breeding grounds.

Old May 16th 2004, 10:11 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Buy a fan and keep it on through the night. Mozzies aren't fond of moving air and will generally stick to a wall while there's a current.
Old May 16th 2004, 10:36 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Lou,
Here's a thread you may find interesting

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...by=&sortorder=
Old May 16th 2004, 10:59 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

There is plenty of Mozzies here. At one stage my little girl had 26 bites on her leg as did my wife. Me and my son don't get bitten as much as them though. We are in Victoria.
Old May 16th 2004, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Just be thankful you dont live in Hexham, just outside Newcastle NSW.

Hexham Bowling Club has a huge model mozzie on its sign, called "Ozzie the Mozzie"

Built to celebrate the Hexham grey - the widespread grey mosquito Aedes alternans, the largest biting mosquito in Australia. That's right, come to Hexham and be bitten to death.
Attached Thumbnails Mozzies!!-mosquito.jpg