Best Beaches

Old May 15th 2004, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

vandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant future
Default Best Beaches

Hi everybody, as im sure you all know, oz has some of the best beaches in the world. Just intersted in finding out what your favourite beaches are in australia. Personally i like Cottesloe and some of the Gold Coast ones.
Should be interesting to see the results!

Cheers
Old May 15th 2004, 12:13 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Basicaly anything from Chinderah south to Minnie Water or so. The entire Northern Rivers. in other words.
Old May 15th 2004, 12:40 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I love the beaches of southwest WA.
But I think I'm biased as I grew up there.

Beaches like near Denmark and Albany.
Elephant Rocks Beach, Mandalay Beach, Tiny(or Small?) Beach near Albany.
I liked the one in Busselton too, nice if you have small kids. Nice clear shallow water, and with jellyfish nets in between the jetty's.

Whitehaven beach in the Whitsunday's was pretty good too! But the sand was so fine, the wind blew it away, and onto me lying in the sun!

I don't like beaches in/near the cities. Too busy!(nothing compared to beaches in the summer here though!)

I remember going to Falcon Bay beach in Mandurah too. Was cool cos there was this floating thing which you could swim too.
Old May 15th 2004, 7:36 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Beaches

Originally posted by vandiemen
Hi everybody, as im sure you all know, oz has some of the best beaches in the world. Just intersted in finding out what your favourite beaches are in australia. Personally i like Cottesloe and some of the Gold Coast ones.

Cheers
THE COORONG, from the murray mouth,to kingston, 90 miles of 4wd heaven,sun ,sea & sand and no other humans ........... MM
Old May 15th 2004, 8:20 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Cronulla in South Sydney or otherwise four mile beach in Port Douglas, so long as you don't mind Crocs and stinger nets for a few months a year - bit like Clacton.
Old May 15th 2004, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Alborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to all

Cheers

Palm Beach, North Shore, Sydney a.k.a "Summer Bay". Avalon's nice too.
Old May 15th 2004, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Bella will become famous soon enough

I live on the far south coast of NSW & every beach I've been to is beautiful. None of them are well known & I've never shared a beach with more than about 3 people.
Discovered one beach within a National Park which had a spectacular path leading to it with hills & mountains all around, swathes of white sand with tiny coloured shells & the most clear sea I've ever seen! No-one else around so I just whipped off all my clothes & went skinny dipping. Wonderful!
Also found another beach recently where, not only did I come face to face with a wallaby while walking along the headland, but at dusk a school (?) of dolphins came out to play a few feet from shore & were surfing in the waves. It was incredible.
Old May 15th 2004, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Have visited lots of stunning beaches in Oz, those that spring to mind are at Jervis Bay National Park, NSW - Hyams Beach and Green Patch (loads of wildlife too), have attached sunset there

Attached Thumbnails Best Beaches-o-sunset.jpg  
Old May 15th 2004, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

All the beaches around us are fanatsctic. Most have free BBqs and great play areas for the kids. It is basically one beach from Golden Beach up to Maroochydore so you never have to go to a busy beach.

I attach a picture I took last Sat eve at Moffat Beach. All the fishermen go there to fish at dusk and it is great to just sit and watch.
Attached Thumbnails Best Beaches-davidmiscoz-023.jpg  

Last edited by tinaj; May 15th 2004 at 11:25 pm.
Old May 16th 2004, 2:42 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Havnt been to too many beaches yet, but of those I've seen Whitehaven beach was best by a mile,we were the only people there the day we went, though it may be busier now as that was a few years ago.......cant wait to go back
Old May 16th 2004, 3:02 am
ABCDiamond

Redcliffe, Suttons Beach
May not be the best, but great for kids, nice and big, and seems pretty safe.
Attached Thumbnails Best Beaches-redcliffe-sept-2003s-.jpg  

Old May 16th 2004, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

Mooloolaba, lovely bay, well planned, nice cafes.
Old May 16th 2004, 9:34 am
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

Wurtulla Beach, because it's five minutes from our house.......

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Best Beaches-wurtulla.jpg  
Old May 16th 2004, 9:35 am
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

......and Woodgate Beach near Bundaberg, because the water's like a warm bath!

Andy

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Best Beaches-wgate2.jpg  
Old May 16th 2004, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

leejo is on a distinguished road

www.palmcove.net

Say no more!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Lee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.