Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to WA in January

Moving to WA in January

Old Nov 13th 2010, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

LoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really nice
Default Moving to WA in January

Hey guys its been a long haul but we are finally getting there! The house has just been officially bought we move out 2 weeks before crimbo but cant afford to moan about it... We are staying with OH's mum until mid January then we are heading over to Perth (Meadow Springs area) the dog is shipping out about the same time as we are which will give us enough time to look for a rental. The furniture will arrive the end of January hopefully all things going well.

Does anyone know of any good companies which you can get good reasonably priced holiday rentals for people who are migrating over?

Also looking for friends there is me(Lyndsay 32), OH(Keith 33 soon), Alicia (12) and Ben (9) and dog Mason (6). Any meet ups that are getting organised in the new year we would love to attend.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moving to WA in January

Good luck with the move. I guess reality is really kicking in now? See you over here mid January

Alison x
Old Nov 13th 2010, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

LoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really nice

Hi Alison

I still dont think its sunk in the whole process has took forever lol. I know it will hit me as soon as I move out the house.

Where are you living and have you been over there long?

Lyndsay x
Old Nov 13th 2010, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LoopyL
Hi Alison

I still dont think its sunk in the whole process has took forever lol. I know it will hit me as soon as I move out the house.

Where are you living and have you been over there long?

Lyndsay x
I was an emotional wreck the day we moved out of our house & it was only a rental

We're near Quinns & have only been here 10 weeks ourselves. Loving it so far although missing my kids, family & friends like mad but then I didn't expect much else.

It should be nice & warm by the time you get here

Alison x
Old Nov 14th 2010, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck with the move and enjoy

I seem to remember there is a expat company that has rentals, some dog friendly try googling 'poms in perth'
Old Nov 14th 2010, 4:41 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Hey!

Not much help with the holiday rentals, but by the age of your kids, I'd start looking at schools just now! The state school system around Mandurah is not at all good at high school level, so you may want to consider private education - there are a number in Mandurah, but all have waiting lists!

Just a thought!

K x