Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ADVICE PLEASE FACE LIKE A LIZARD

ADVICE PLEASE FACE LIKE A LIZARD

Old Nov 13th 2010, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

pink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of light
Red face ADVICE PLEASE FACE LIKE A LIZARD

Been here in Cairns for 3 months now and all of a sudden my face has decided to break out in mmm (how to describe)
Its not spots as such but all under the skin like a sweat rash but on my face (maybe that is what it is)
If I run my hand over my face it feels like i am reading braille and if you look really closely you can see the bumps.
Not particulary bothered by it (not vain enough for that) but just wandered if anyone has had the same and what the best way to deal with it might be!!!!!
Old Nov 14th 2010, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADVICE PLEASE FACE LIKE A LIZARD

It could be make up and the heat. Assuming you wear make up.
Try no make up or something light like mineral make up and see if that help.

J
Old Nov 14th 2010, 1:33 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pink13
Been here in Cairns for 3 months now and all of a sudden my face has decided to break out in mmm (how to describe)
Its not spots as such but all under the skin like a sweat rash but on my face (maybe that is what it is)
If I run my hand over my face it feels like i am reading braille and if you look really closely you can see the bumps.
Not particulary bothered by it (not vain enough for that) but just wandered if anyone has had the same and what the best way to deal with it might be!!!!!
You been kissing cane toads, hav,nt you..............MM
Old Nov 14th 2010, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

pink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gems
It could be make up and the heat. Assuming you wear make up.
Try no make up or something light like mineral make up and see if that help.

J
cheers hun but i don't wear it to lazy and even when i go out i have noticed its such a pain in the butt to apply in this mad heat even with air con i have melted before we get there
Old Nov 14th 2010, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mr mover
You been kissing cane toads, hav,nt you..............MM
isn't that what they are for!!!!! i thought when they kept hopping on me they were enjoying it now they have given me the lurgy bloody typical
Old Nov 14th 2010, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

ProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway it is definitely a sweat rash. The condition is called Miliaria, and often referred to as 'prickly heat'. It is a common condition for people in the tropics, particularly those who have come from a cool climate and have not become accustomed to the heat and humidity.

Little chance of getting it in the southern states but up north definitely.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ProudVIC
Anyway it is definitely a sweat rash. The condition is called Miliaria, and often referred to as 'prickly heat'. It is a common condition for people in the tropics, particularly those who have come from a cool climate and have not become accustomed to the heat and humidity.

Little chance of getting it in the southern states but up north definitely.
haha, now you mention it i have suffered with P.H before and have now noticed its on my arms as well cheers

any advice on how to get rid or at least control or its going to be a long ole time for me in this mad heat
Old Nov 14th 2010, 7:07 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Aloe Vera is the best thing I have found for prickly heat - though mine never used to get bumps - just used to itch like mad.

I have another theory - are you using a lot of sunblock or a moisturiser with sun block in it? I find when i use certain moisturisers with high factor sun block, after a few days i get a bumpy rash - not really noticeable to the eye but you can feel it. I just alternate with a lighter non oily moisturiser SPF 15 or less when i am going to be mostly inside, and just use the higher factor ones when i'm going to be "exposed".

Just a thought!