Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving from Uk as self employed

Moving from Uk as self employed

Old Feb 16th 2023, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Nitnat3181 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving from Uk as self employed

Hi there, completely new to all of this so please be kind. Myself, my husband (aged 42 and 45) along with our 2 children (aged 7&4) are having serious thoughts about moving to Australia. I just basically want some advice on what our chances are of being allowed in. I'm currently a stay at home Mum and my husband runs a successful e-commerce business. The nature of his business means as long as he has a computer he can work from anywhere in the world as his business is purely online. We have a house in the UK as well as 2 other properties that are giving us an income. We wouldn't sell our home if we moved but would look at renting it out and probably live in a rental in Australia for the time being. I have family in Brisbane (my Dad's cousins) who could potentially sponsor us.
So, based on all of the above what are our chances?
Thanks!
Old Feb 17th 2023, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from Uk as self employed

Visas are generally based on occupation? He would need to find an occupation on one of the skilled lists to see if he can apply under it.

Is he the one over 45? If som that is a major issue as the age cut off is 45 and he has missed the boat.
Old Feb 17th 2023, 6:06 am
Just Joined

Nitnat3181 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by verystormy
Visas are generally based on occupation? He would need to find an occupation on one of the skilled lists to see if he can apply under it.

Is he the one over 45? If som that is a major issue as the age cut off is 45 and he has missed the boat.
Yes my husband is 44, but will be 45 next week. I didn't realise the age limit was 45?
Old Feb 17th 2023, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Skilled visa cut off is 45. Some temporary employer sponsored are older but will never lead to permanent residency.
you could look at some of the business visas or investment visas as they used to have higher age limits They do require serious money to be invested though.
Check the government immigration website then maybe consult an agent if you feel there is something worth looking at.
homeaffairs.gov.au