Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to be with someone in another country...

Moving to be with someone in another country...

Old Nov 16th 2003, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Andiii is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to be with someone in another country...

Generally, would you say it's easier to move to another country to be with someone else?

Or it's easier if you're both from the same country and moving to a new country?

Hypothetically...

Stories please!

Old Nov 16th 2003, 8:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Moving to be with someone has the advantage that they know their way around, know the places to go and to shop, and can help you find your feet. They can also answer those silly questions like when does the post come and when do the garbos come.
Disadvantage - they already have an established lifestyle, ways of eating & living, and a routine with which you have to fit. Can be difficult at first fitting in with a new routine at home, as well as coping with being in a new country.
Old Nov 16th 2003, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

DaisyNZ is on a distinguished road

Hi there, just to let you know there was a post about this a few weeks ago, you might like to read the stuff on there too.
Old Nov 17th 2003, 11:46 am
Melbourne wannabe

Sparkley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, It was my post so if you click on my name and go to my posts you'll find it! General consensus was that it's a bonus btw!
Sparkley