Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving Pets Abroad & Accomodation

Moving Pets Abroad & Accomodation

Old May 19th 2013, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Phoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Pets Abroad & Accomodation

I read somewhere that the plan is to have just one quarantine station in Australia, not three and that one will be Spotswood in Melbourne. The article I read said this might coincide with the move to reduce the mandatory quarantine period from 30 days down to 10 days but it is not confirmed exactly when this will happen, estimated for end of this year or 2014 by many people.
Old May 19th 2013, 5:53 pm
DML
Forum Regular

DML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you have large animals (like we do) you can still fly them via a domestic flight. More expense I know though and also means you can't visit them in quarantine if you're out west
Old May 19th 2013, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

jackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nice

There is no problem, it is as per #16 suggests. Centralising to save Government (taxpayer) funds... tough luck for those of us on the West coast though...

Per #17 & my previous post, Jetpets will organise both interstate and overseas flights/transport/boarding/delivery of all domestic pets on commercial flights. Not all flights can carry animals but mine flew VA and Q will also allow on selected flights.
Old May 20th 2013, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by FCameron
We are likely moving to Perth around March time next year and intend on taking our two cats with us if we can. Can anyone advise me on prices if they have done this before?
I know that prices are subject to change, especially within that timescale.
Also, I have noticed that not a lot of rental accomodation allows for pets, but I understand this can be down to the rental company's preference....has anyone else came up against this obstacle?
We used Overhills to ship our 4 dogs - we just rang round and went with ones we clicked with, plus personal recommendations. The agents you choose will let you know all about prices and when to do what, takes a lot of the stress out of it. We rented for a couple of months with 4 dogs with no problems. We have a couple of investment homes now and will choose people with pets over children any day of the week.

Just research it fully and you'll be right You'll probably find if there is rentals available in Perth through ex-pats they have some of their houses pet friendly, these are good to get you going.