Moving pet from UK to Australia

Moving pet from UK to Australia

Old Jan 21st 2021, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

CarlJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving pet from UK to Australia

Hi everyone,

I hope you’re all well!

We are looking to move to Sydney from London with our 5 year old pug, and we’re a bit overwhelmed by the number of pet relocation companies available. We’d be really grateful for recommendations, especially if you also own a pug or snub nose breed.
Many thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving pet from UK to Australia

My strong advice would be to use Pet Air as they are the only one ran by vets. Also, start planning a lot earlier than you might think.
Old Feb 7th 2021, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

There's a lot to get your head around! Very expensive too. I feel for you!

We used Pet Air UK and I have to say, we would not recommend. I had to constantly chase and chase for information, were were given incorrect information twice and ... this is a huge thing... the agent had written the wrong date and wrong information on a document which would have meant our cat would have been refused to travel. As we had already left the country and a cattery was looking after our cat this would have had a massive impact. Luckily for Pet Air UK I found the error in time and then had to jump hoops to get them to change it. The agent didn't apologise, was defensive and I had to involve a manager who immediately agreed it was their fault and set about changing it. We had it changed with only one day to spare so it was just so fortunate I found the error in time.

When we were obtaining quotes from Australia back to the UK we found Dogtainers to be amazing. I'm unsure if they have offices in the UK but it might be a good idea to google and have a look.

Wish you the best - and make sure you know what is needed with vet visits, vaccinations and make a note on diaries for exact dates etc. Read over every piece of information and check dates and details!
Old Feb 9th 2021, 12:28 pm
JRB
Forum Regular

JRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to behold

Hi there
We've got a snub nosed breed - shih tzu. I was in contact with pet air this week to ask about it. I think quantas usually help with snub nosed breeds, and have vet checks, special routes, bigger crates etc but she said they're not flying them at the moment and she doesn't know if or when they will again. I did hear that Air Canada can fly these breeds too so need to chase that up too. We're looking to eventually move back to Aus or NZ but luckily we're not in any rush but I think things are very diffiult at the moment with limited flights and quarantine spaces in this pandemic.
Old May 15th 2021, 8:08 am
Just Joined

uno_30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi CarlJ, were you able to move your pug? We are in the same boat but moving to Canada and really worried about travel for our Pug - would be great to hear your experience.
Old May 15th 2021, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

okonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond repute

I think Lufthansa and United will still take pugs - most airlines won't risk it.