Reload this Page >

Moving from Perth to NSW

Moving from Perth to NSW

Old Apr 12th 2007, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Gibson will become famous soon enough
Default Moving from Perth to NSW

Hi guys,
After 4 years living in Perth we have decided a state change is in order! I am after people's advice and wise words as to where we could live. Once we have sold our house in Perth we are coming over. My husband is a Print Finisher and we need help to find where the big printing companies are. I also have 2 children and 10 and 8 that would need a good school. I am hoping to transfer with the company I work for here. I have done lots of research on house prices etc but I have no idea if the suburbs are any good!!!! I flew over to Sydney for the Easter break on my own and drove up to Port Macquarie as we were originally going there but I think my hubby would struggle getting work there. So we are now thinking closer to Sydney but would like to be closeish to the beach!!!!

Please help!!
Old Apr 12th 2007, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving from Perth to NSW

Has Perth ran it's course ... ?

Why the move ... ?

The reason I ask is that we are weighing our options up too. Not exactly sure whether Perth has ticked all our boxes so far ...

Nosey B*****d 3

PS Can't help with Sydney ... sorry
Old Apr 12th 2007, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Has Perth ran it's course ... ?

Why the move ... ?

The reason I ask is that we are weighing our options up too. Not exactly sure whether Perth has ticked all our boxes so far ...

Nosey B*****d 3

PS Can't help with Sydney ... sorry
In a nutshell we are bored!!!! I miss Sunday shopping, I miss places being open after 6.00pm, I miss greenery.... Am sick of seeing land sales where ever you go, am fed up of the scrubland that is everywhere and we just can't seem to settle here!!!!! We always said if Perth didn't work out we would change states first before considering moving back to England. We have hit that point so we think why the hell not!!!!!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:03 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Can relate to that 100% and sounds a good move going interstate rather than chucking the towel in altogether.

I think we'd give Melbourne a go if it came to it, possibly the Gold Coast.

Good luck ...

Originally Posted by Gibson
In a nutshell we are bored!!!! I miss Sunday shopping, I miss places being open after 6.00pm, I miss greenery.... Am sick of seeing land sales where ever you go, am fed up of the scrubland that is everywhere and we just can't seem to settle here!!!!! We always said if Perth didn't work out we would change states first before considering moving back to England. We have hit that point so we think why the hell not!!!!!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Can relate to that 100% and sounds a good move going interstate rather than chucking the towel in altogether.

I think we'd give Melbourne a go if it came to it, possibly the Gold Coast.

Good luck ...
I think the water restrictions scare us away from Melbourne... We are going to drive up to the Gold Coast and have a look. As long as hubby can get a good job we will be happy!!!

Good luck to you too
Old Apr 13th 2007, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

Erm, I am confused... where has my thread gone
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

just spent time in Sydney and the gold coast and they are very strict with water there. Much more noticable than anything we have here in Perth

If you want to live near the beach in Sydney you will need big money. Have you done a search on www.realestate.com.au ?
Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Hi there

Depending on your budget and where your hubby can get work (two huge determining factors) you might want to consider the Central Coast of NSW. Look around Gosford and the Brisbane Waters area for cheaper options than Sydney, yet with proximity to shops etc as well as being close to the water. If you have to work in Sydney, you can always catch the train.