moving to perth

Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

dazandleesa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to perth

Hi
Me and family are still in thought process of moving over to perth, thinking of coming out on a fact finding mission in jun/jul. Husband a bricklayer and me a travel agent does anyone have any advise to offer i.e areas to look at for renting, schools ( we have a 5year old and 8mth old) jobs/wages. Literally anything would help!!!!!

Thanks for your time

Leesa and Darren
Sheffield/UK
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:17 pm
helsbels1975

helsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant future
Red face Re: moving to perth

Hi guys and welcome to BE, you will find everything you need on here. I've only been a member since jan, but everyone is so helpful. Any ideas where in Perth you want to go ? We're hoping to head out next year, we're looking at Secret Harbour, Joondalup and a couple of others. Click on the search bar and put in what your looking for and it will open up relevant threads.

Good luck
Helen xx
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: moving to perth

thanks for the reply, Have you been out before ?
Got those areas on my list as well as many others!

Have you started the immigration process yet?

Cheers

Leesa
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dazandleesa
Hi
Me and family are still in thought process of moving over to perth, thinking of coming out on a fact finding mission in jun/jul. Husband a bricklayer and me a travel agent does anyone have any advise to offer i.e areas to look at for renting, schools ( we have a 5year old and 8mth old) jobs/wages. Literally anything would help!!!!!

Thanks for your time

Leesa and Darren
Sheffield/UK
Hi there !!!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:35 pm
helsbels1975

helsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant future

Never been, OH has a cousin in Kinross, so thats another place we'd consider. Haven't started the process other than an online analysis to make sure we'll have enough points. Theres a Australian expo next month that we're going to in London, figured they'd be able to assist. I'm a student nurse who qualifies next year so we can't go till i'm done. OH is a plumber by trade but working for our local water comapny at the mo, we have 2 kids 13 yr old and a 9 yr old so we'll need to be near good schools for them and a hospital for me .....oh yeah and a beach would be nice !!!!
We've pretty much come to the conclusion that we won't get out there for a holiday before we emigrate but what the hell, we said we'd give ourselves at least 2 years to decide if we really like.
Have you started any of the process ?
Helen xx
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: moving to perth

just the same as you, checked that we qualify with the points!
It's all a bit mind blowing reading up on everything! got more website stored in my favorites that i have ever had.

Anyway it's been nice talking to you, no doubt we'll speak again soon.

Cheers

Leesa
Old Feb 10th 2007, 10:01 pm
helsbels1975

I'm the same, i've got loads of ozzie websites, and ozzie real estate websites.
Good luck with it all, take care x
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice

Hi

Thanks for your time

Leesa and Darren
Sheffield/UK
Hi Plenty of work ofr bricklayers.Look at Ellenbrook good school and plenty of building work going on so not far to travel for work.
25 mins beach & City.
I would ring up building companys.
Content living
Ross North.
Dale Alcock.Always plenty of work int he paper.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helsbels1975
Never been, OH has a cousin in Kinross, so thats another place we'd consider. Haven't started the process other than an online analysis to make sure we'll have enough points. Theres a Australian expo next month that we're going to in London, figured they'd be able to assist. I'm a student nurse who qualifies next year so we can't go till i'm done. OH is a plumber by trade but working for our local water comapny at the mo, we have 2 kids 13 yr old and a 9 yr old so we'll need to be near good schools for them and a hospital for me .....oh yeah and a beach would be nice !!!!
We've pretty much come to the conclusion that we won't get out there for a holiday before we emigrate but what the hell, we said we'd give ourselves at least 2 years to decide if we really like.
Have you started any of the process ?
Helen xx
Then it could be Kinross for you...............very good schools there and Joondalup Campus 5 minutes away!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 4:29 pm
helsbels1975

Hi Sandra, yes Kinross is definately near the top of our list. God schools you say, we have a 13 yr old boy (he'll be nearly 15 when we come out) and a 9yr old girl (10 and a half when we head out). Not really knowing much about Kinross could you let me know general points, ie how far to the beach, hospital shops etc....
How long have you been there ? Many brits ?

Sorry to go on.
Thanks Helen xxx
Old Feb 11th 2007, 4:34 pm
helsbels1975

Oops meant good not god !!!!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

thanks shade8 thats really helpfull.

Cheers

Leesa and darren
Old Feb 12th 2007, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

thanks shade8 thats really helpfull.

Cheers

Leesa and darren
Hi there,
we have just come back from spending a month at my sisters she lives in Armadale very nice up and coming area has local hospital, schools and plenty shops. bout 30 mins to the beach.
We are in the middle of visa application but really carnt wait to get there.
Also have seen on tv that a bricklayer can earn $2000. pw very good money for oz.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 11:07 am
bru
Forum Regular

bru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to behold

I am here for 3+ months now. Best way to describe WA is.. nothing here. You will see some shops in every suburb, but you will find them closed than they are open. I live in Ardross and last Saturday 2.30PM I started with Applecross Hair Saloon - Closed, Mt Pleasent - Could not find a Saloon, Appsley Rd shopping center - Closed, Valhand Avenue - nice Chinese lady.. open. I traveled across 3-4 suburb to cut my hair. That's the reality here.
You have buses, but only during the time profitable for them to run. Very hard to find a taxi. Houses prices are unthinkable and no value for money at all. Rent, nothing left to rent. Everyone is trying to sell.
No places to eat out.. may be one or two places in each suburb. So you will end up eating at home everyday unless someone decide to open up a new restaurant. That's what has happened to us. Only good place to shop around is a place called Garden City in this area. That too closed most of the time than open.

I do not think even Hospitals here are open. The closest public hospital to where I am living is Fremantle. That's the distance I have to travel to get the govt benefits. Otherwise, pay for private. I do not have kids here, my friends are saying it is the same situation with schools.
You do not have traffic and air pollution compared to where we migrated from. Instead, you get traffic lights every 100Mts taking more time to travel around . I am sorry, this is my version. I do not have much good things to share with you other than the good job that I got in a very nice company.

I am really wondering how anyone say this is a wonderful place to live??? without saying what Perth/WA has. Beach.. you get all around Australia!!!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

jo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nice

Originally Posted by bru
I am here for 3+ months now. Best way to describe WA is.. nothing here. You will see some shops in every suburb, but you will find them closed than they are open. I live in Ardross and last Saturday 2.30PM I started with Applecross Hair Saloon - Closed, Mt Pleasent - Could not find a Saloon, Appsley Rd shopping center - Closed, Valhand Avenue - nice Chinese lady.. open. I traveled across 3-4 suburb to cut my hair. That's the reality here.
You have buses, but only during the time profitable for them to run. Very hard to find a taxi. Houses prices are unthinkable and no value for money at all. Rent, nothing left to rent. Everyone is trying to sell.
No places to eat out.. may be one or two places in each suburb. So you will end up eating at home everyday unless someone decide to open up a new restaurant. That's what has happened to us. Only good place to shop around is a place called Garden City in this area. That too closed most of the time than open.

I do not think even Hospitals here are open. The closest public hospital to where I am living is Fremantle. That's the distance I have to travel to get the govt benefits. Otherwise, pay for private. I do not have kids here, my friends are saying it is the same situation with schools.
You do not have traffic and air pollution compared to where we migrated from. Instead, you get traffic lights every 100Mts taking more time to travel around . I am sorry, this is my version. I do not have much good things to share with you other than the good job that I got in a very nice company.

I am really wondering how anyone say this is a wonderful place to live??? without saying what Perth/WA has. Beach.. you get all around Australia!!!
BIT OF A NEGATIVE POST EH?? Sorry but dont quite agree with you. I havnt been here long but its what you make it... ?

Why are you here if you cant find anything good about the place?? There are loads of places to eat.... especially in Fremantle??? :confused

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.