Moving to Perth

Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Em.G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Perth

I'm currently living in the UK and moving to Perth in September. Need ideas of good places to live. People have mentioned Cottlesloe? Any ideas? Going to be working in the city so would like to live out of it! Cheers, Em
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:12 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Hi Em.G and welcome!

This thread has a lot of good links to get you started. Good luck!!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=perth+suburbs
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Em G.
We're also headed for Perth in September. I'm not that sure about areas, but you can do lots of research on Aussiemove http://www.aussiemove.com/sub/area.a...c=7&a=A11&o=M#
The actual suburb of Cottelsloe is a very pricey area to live in, must be because it is close to Perth and to the beach.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Hi Em

We are off to Perth in Jan 05, but purchased a house during a visit in April this year. During our stay we stayed in Edgewater and Padbury. Edgewater was nice - houses seemed to be good and the gardens etc were well established. It is only a 5 min drive to Joondalup and 10 mins to the sea and is close to a station.

Padbury was nice too - 5 mins to sea and Hillarys

We ended up buying a 4 bed 2 bath, formal & informal lounges, dining room, games room, double garage and nice kitchen for £295,000. This is in Currambine which is two suberbs from the beach, next to Iluka and 5 mins to Joondalup (shops etc). The train station at Currambine is a 5 minute walk.

Can't wait to get there!!!

Dave & Helen
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:42 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Hi again Em -

My girlfriend owns a building on a potential duplex site (is that the right term) in yokine. Its nice enough and pretty close to everything. There are a lot of similar suburbs, but if you can afford it, Cottesloe seemed nice and i liked Subiaco (pricey).

Got an old mate who moved over and lives in the Perth hills (he's got a house - he's not some kind of hermit or owt ). Got a lovely place with a bit of land all fairly cheap. People are put off cos its a 30 or 40 min drive into the city, but I do that every day to work so it didn't bother me. Just depends what you''re looking for.

Good luck.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 12:10 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Perth

Originally posted by Em.G
I'm currently living in the UK and moving to Perth in September. Need ideas of good places to live. People have mentioned Cottlesloe? Any ideas? Going to be working in the city so would like to live out of it! Cheers, Em
If you are going to be working in the city, think about South Perth, Como, Kensington etc. Nice established suburbs with reasonable (!) night life and you can catch the ferry over to the city each day (saves on the parking problem).
Old Jun 18th 2004, 1:27 pm
joveazey

Hi,

Looked at some suburbs in Dec/Jan. A few nice ones near to the beach etc. and not too pricey are Kingsley, Woodvale, Duncraig, Greenwood, Padbury. We are hoping to go next year and will probably buy a house in one of those areas. There are land plots to buy in Madeley (about same distance as the others) if you want to build your own house.

Jo

Old Jun 18th 2004, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally posted by joveazey
...Woodvale...

Jo

And here you have close access to a British Pub and drive through bottle shop on the shopping complex
Old Jun 18th 2004, 3:09 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by darkless
And here you have close access to a British Pub and drive through bottle shop on the shopping complex

Drive thro bottle shop - one in every suburb just about !!!!
Old Jun 19th 2004, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
Drive thro bottle shop - one in every suburb just about !!!!
Agreed, but the same cannot always be said about pubs!!

Besides I am still in the UK so you have to forgive me the novelty of a drive-through offie :-)
Old Jun 20th 2004, 6:01 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Em.G
Hi

Depends what you want. Cottelsloe is pricey as it's right on the beach.

We have decided to live south of the river in an area called Leaming as it has easy access to freeway, 10 mins to Freemantle and 15 into City by car and our family are there. There is also great public transport direct to city without traffic jams, a sooper dooper bus lane!!

As I say depends what you want and what you can afford

Walla