moving to OZ

Old Feb 3rd 2013, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

mlloyd83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to OZ

i am wanting to moved to australia and was wondering how everone else managede to do it.

any help regurading

money needed
work
living - buying or renting a house
education

ive looked at a lot of sites and feel im going round i circles so any help would be much apprecated
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 3:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to OZ

Originally Posted by mlloyd83
i am wanting to moved to australia and was wondering how everone else managede to do it.

any help regurading

money needed
work
education

ive looked at a lot of sites and feel im going round i circles so any help would be much apprecated
The first thing you need to do is have a good read of the Immigraqtion site at www.immi.gov.au and see if you qualify for a visa. No point at looking into anything else to you work that one out

What do you do for a living?
Old Feb 4th 2013, 9:33 am
Just Joined

ive looked at immi and i qualify for a visa.

i am currently working as a nightshift warehouse operative, but have applied to do a it course to beef up my cv.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Timmo84 is just really niceTimmo84 is just really niceTimmo84 is just really niceTimmo84 is just really niceTimmo84 is just really niceTimmo84 is just really niceTimmo84 is just really niceTimmo84 is just really nice

What city are you planning to move to? and when are you looking to move?
Old Feb 4th 2013, 10:04 am
Just Joined

looking to move in about 1 and 1/2 years as to what city im not to sure it all depends on the cost of living and jobs.

do you livein australia your self then.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 11:04 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

any help regurading

money needed
work
education

You can use the search button at the top of the page.
What job will you be doing here, are you coming as a skilled migrant, do you need a visa?

A general rule is, times your salary by 2.5 and that is what you'll need to earn in Australia to enjoy the same standard of living as you currently enjoy in the UK.

Houses will vary in price depending on where you want to live, but expect $500,000 for something in a reasonable area, with pool etc etc and skywards from there.

Renting is getting expensive, $400.00 - $500.00 per week is probably a good example of what you can expect to pay.... $1000+ a week for something in a very nice area.

www.realestate.com.au for house prices.
www.seek.com.au for jobs
Old Feb 4th 2013, 9:26 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

ive looked at immi and i qualify for a visa.

i am currently working as a nightshift warehouse operative, but have applied to do a it course to beef up my cv.
What visa do you qualify for as a nightshift warehouse operative?
Old Feb 5th 2013, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
A WHV of course
Old Feb 5th 2013, 3:35 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steen1976
A WHV of course
Possibly, but he won't be buying a house or getting into education on a WHV.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly, but he won't be buying a house or getting into education on a WHV.
Last time this came up I almost said that's it's amazing where workingnh holiday workers end up.....many pop in all sorts of places, not just on fruit farms....
Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:49 am
Just Joined

im going to college to study IT so hopefuly i can get into that sectorbut i have knowledge in warehose logistics and distribution.

i just looked on immi.gov.au and i need a sponsor from an employer to get a visa does any one know how hard/easy it is to get a sponsor.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 11:35 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

im going to college to study IT so hopefuly i can get into that sectorbut i have knowledge in warehose logistics and distribution.

i just looked on immi.gov.au and i need a sponsor from an employer to get a visa does any one know how hard/easy it is to get a sponsor.
Mate...... I don't think you have grasped what you need to be able to emigrate to this country?

If you go down the sponsored vise route, you need a sponsor (a company that will employ you) so that you are able to work in Australia, in the profession that you are qualified in.

So, if you are an electrician, that is the job you will be doing and you will be working for an electrical company.

You will need to be qualified in something and then hope those skills are in demand.
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/
Old Feb 6th 2013, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Ask yourself this. Do you have a set of skills that are so great that a company is going to bring someone from the other side of the world because there isnt anybody here with them and training someone is not practical.

From what you have said the answer is no. Even qualified trades people find it almost impossible to get sponsorship.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:14 pm
Banned

pomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of light

A refugee protection visa ???
Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:21 pm
Banned

pomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of light

I think the Op's best bet would be to move to earls court in London and try to find an Australian to fall in love with and marry. That's one of the ways that magic can happen in this world, the janitor that sweeps the lobby makes eye contact with the CEO's daughter one day and the ripples on the pond spread outwards from there, you can just project that situation forward to the point where their great grandchildren are going to Harvard or starting a mission school in zambia or training for the space program or standing in bankruptcy court having lost the family fortune that 3 generations before didn't even exist.