Work - Plan B

Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

braz kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work - Plan B

Hi there,

Am slowly getting things in order with regards to our big move at the end of the year, and I must say a good 30 minutes each day searching through the forum is proving invaluable!

We're looking to Brisbane at the moment, and one thing I am looking to with regards to work (will be entering on my kiwi passport) is a Plan B (or fallback option) in case it takes a long time for me to find something in my base profession (am a part qualified accountant).

I doubt that there will be much demand for Portuguese/Spanish/English translation so am looking more towards manual labour work if possible, or even starting to learn a trade (although I don't think too many qualifications from Brazil will be recognized/respected in OZ.

Could anyone give a few pointers as to where to look to get an idea of the more available roles of this type, or indeed any suggestions as to agencies/groups that it might be worth contacting?

Many thanks,
Braz kiwi