moving to oz

Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

getcarters is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking moving to oz

my friend is applying for a visa to live in australia but has a minor criminal record does anyone know how this will affect his application for a visa and where we could get any info on the amount of time needed to be passed for these records to be classed as spent or whether they are ever classed as spent for the purpose of an immigration application, thanks in advance for your help...
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to oz

Originally Posted by getcarters
my friend is applying for a visa to live in australia but has a minor criminal record does anyone know how this will affect his application for a visa and where we could get any info on the amount of time needed to be passed for these records to be classed as spent or whether they are ever classed as spent for the purpose of an immigration application, thanks in advance for your help...
All criminal records are taken into account for immigration to Aus, look here :

DIMA
Old Aug 29th 2006, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: moving to oz

Originally Posted by getcarters
Depends on what your friend would class as minor and what his offences where, whether he spent time in prison etc etc.

OH had minor offences on his record - all fines, no custodial time, mainly D&D's, last one over 10 years ago and he got visa.

They are mainly preventing career criminals / repeat offenders who will take up career in Oz or dangerous ones like Peadophiles etc

As said OH's offences are technically spent in the UK but still show on PCC check - we got copy of his details and listed EVERYTHING on the application form, agent advised do not miss a single detail - they could pick it up and send you back if you lie.

I know of several now Ozzie residents who had a couple of possession charges in the UK (not spent).

If in doubt - get agent advice, well worth it.

Paula