Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Resedency! what ways quicker?

Resedency! what ways quicker?

Old Aug 28th 2006, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

ljs08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Resedency! what ways quicker?

hey, Ive just got back off a working holidsy visa and wanna get back out in oz asap, my boyfriends Aussie and were looking at getting engaged. Ive looked in to the marrige visa so I can get my resedency, would it be quicker and easier to go out on a tourist visa and then get married or would I still have to apply for resedency and go through the process while out there.

My working holiday visa runs out in oct but I came back a few months earily, how long do I have to wait until I can go back out? Ta.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 2:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resedency! what ways quicker?

Originally Posted by ljs08
hey, Ive just got back off a working holidsy visa and wanna get back out in oz asap, my boyfriends Aussie and were looking at getting engaged. Ive looked in to the marrige visa so I can get my resedency, would it be quicker and easier to go out on a tourist visa and then get married or would I still have to apply for resedency and go through the process while out there.

My working holiday visa runs out in oct but I came back a few months earily, how long do I have to wait until I can go back out? Ta.
The answers you will get this time will be the same as when you have posted the question on two previous occasions (at least!).
Old Aug 28th 2006, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Jez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The answers you will get this time will be the same as when you have posted the question on two previous occasions (at least!).
like it!!
Old Aug 28th 2006, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Location: ex-Lancashire, ex-Northern suburbs, Perth WA, now Switzerland
cyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura about

With that kind of spelling and grammar you'll fit in well in Australia!!

Last edited by cyclemark; Aug 28th 2006 at 7:10 pm. Reason: Finger trouble
Old Aug 28th 2006, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute

hmmmm not a very freindly bunch eh
sorry i cant answer you Q
but hope you get sorted soon
Old Aug 28th 2006, 9:22 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

You won't get residency by just getting married. You have to go through the entire process like everyone else, though if you just get married and stay, they'll certainly give you a free trip home.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 8:42 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodandhayley
hmmmm not a very freindly bunch eh
sorry i cant answer you Q
but hope you get sorted soon
Well I've answered her same question twice on other threads, and I really didn't have time at 1 in the morning to answer it again!!!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:18 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've answered her same question twice on other threads, and I really didn't have time at 1 in the morning to answer it again!!!
So what time would be good for you?
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:25 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

FRom here in Thailand. The 2 usual routes are either a spouse visa or fiance visa. My wife has just got her spouse visa in about 4 months from the interview. The fiance visa means you have to get married with 9 months. How long have you known your boyfriend? Maybe look into this.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:38 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Jockstar
FRom here in Thailand. The 2 usual routes are either a spouse visa or fiance visa. My wife has just got her spouse visa in about 4 months from the interview. The fiance visa means you have to get married with 9 months. How long have you known your boyfriend? Maybe look into this.
Rather similar to the advice on the other threads
Old Aug 29th 2006, 10:08 am
Just Joined

ljs08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Resedency! what ways quicker?

Rather similar to the advice on the other threads
Yeah well no one was forcing you to reply to my questions, after all isnt that the whole point- to ask! and at one o'clock in the morning? well most of us are normaly in bed at that time in the morning love so you can save your cheap one liners, I wont bother next time.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 10:35 am
Home and Happy

Yeah well no one was forcing you to reply to my questions, after all isnt that the whole point- to ask! and at one o'clock in the morning? well most of us are normaly in bed at that time in the morning love so you can save your cheap one liners, I wont bother next time.
OK, heres your answer, I'll type it again.
I actually thought that by sending you an answer referring you to my previous reply, that you MIGHt be grateful - I thought maybe you hadn't seen it previously.

You can come to Aus on a tourist visa and get married if you wish. however if Immigration feel that you are using that as a way of emigrating for good then they may refuse you at the point of entry and send you back.

The quickest and easiest way, and one which will allow you work rights as soon as you land, is to apply for a fiance visa. These can come through in the UK in a matter of days, and you can travel as soon as its granted. You then have 9 months to come to Aus and apply for residency, and apply for your Spouse visa itself. You can work as soon as you arrive.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391928

Have a look on www.immi.gov.au for the details of a Prospective Marriage Visa
and have a read of the Partner booklet.

Teliko21 gave some good advice for you about de facto visas here - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=392059
That will be an equally quick route, but you will need to prove 12 months of living together to get that one.

If you have any more questions, just come and ask.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 10:36 am
Home and Happy

And by the way, I wish I had been in bed at 1am but I was removing a batch of foul language and swear words from posts on this forum!