Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving out tomorrow!!!

Moving out tomorrow!!!

Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Foggies is an unknown quantity at this point

lwe've had Britannia in today too!
Unfortunately, we STILL yes, I said STILL haven't exchanged on the house so that is taking some, well, a lot of the shine off the excitement. Anyway, we've been very impressed with the service so far but now have 4 days before they come to finish off as we had to delay flights etc for a couple of days, couldn't hold them any longer, so we finish packing next Mon & Tues and fly on Thursday we've now found something else to panic about as we don't think all our stuff will fit in a 20 foot container, lets hope Paul Daniels or Penn & Teller turn up.....well, perhaps not!
7 weeks to sell the house BLOODY H¬LL it's been 14 weeks since we accepted the offer and we're still waiting!
We don't think we can spin the goodbyes out any more, it's just going to pro-long the agony for some of us so we've decided to go as soon as we can.
just to top it all, a job came up yesterday that would be ideal for me so whilst Claire has been opening cupboards and screaming expletives as we forgot that particular one is full of kids toys not touched for 5 years I've been composing a VERY NICE letter and updating my C.V. (again ) It will all come together.....It will all come together.....
good luck to all who seem to be heading off in the next few weeks, hope the banter keeps going when we all arrive as we think it's been great and becoming like an old friend, when we feel the strain, we take 10 mins off, log onto here and well, most of the time feel all the better for it!
cheers,
Marc & Claire