Darwin...?

Old Oct 29th 2003, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Jase the ace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Darwin...?

No one ever mentions DARWIN
Whats it like there? Does anybody ever migrate there?
If not why not?

cheers
Jase
Old Oct 29th 2003, 8:26 pm
WBB

Default Re: Darwin...?

Originally posted by Jase the ace
If not why not?

cheers
Jase

dont know much about darwin apart from it is a small place, isolated and very hot and dry.

dont think it is high on the list of migrant destinations.

Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

If not why not?

cheers
Jase
Hey Jase my wife was born in Darwin and left as a small child,her Dad was a prison officer so they moved to lots of different places.

Rumour has it that if anyone has anything to hide or needs to disappear in Aus then Darwin is the place to go.I'm sure somebody will put me right on this at some point,but even so I would love to visit there at some point.(sorry if I've offended anybody in the N.T.)
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:20 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

If not why not?

cheers
Jase
My first experience of Oz was Darwin (flew in from East Timor) & I quite liked the place. It was a lot bigger & more modern than I was expecting. I think you would struggle to get a decent job though, there is not much going on there, although that might change now that they have got the railway. It gets real hot & humid though. I like the heat, but I think it is probably one of the hottest places on the planet.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Darwin and Top ENd are my favourite parts of Australia. Darwin as a city is small but that's how I like 'em. The humidity in the rainy season is too much for me and the dry season is too hot as well - I know I couldn't live there altho I'd have loved to try! Lichfield & Kakadu (and Katherine) are just stunningly beautiful - just an amazing part of Australia.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

I spent a couple of days in Darwin during the 'dry' - winter, even then it was 35 and sticky. It's very popular with backpackers in the dry season, great atmosphere. I've found that people either love or hate Darwin. I really liked it when I was there, but I don't think I could live there. I think the 'wet' would have to be unbearable. The build-up to the wet is known as suicide season.