Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving out to Oz on my own!

Moving out to Oz on my own!

Old Nov 4th 2004, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Moving out to Oz on my own!

[QUOTE=claire1974]Well I didnt get the Job offer For Canberra (had interview in Birminham), said i wasnt qualified long enough and try again next yr this aint gonna stop me though, any advice??, ive got Canberra in my head now!!

Hi Claire,
sorry to hear that you didnt get the job. 5 years ago when I was looking into working in Australia, I was also told that I wasn't qualified enough by all the agencies that I spoke to in England.They said that I needed a years experience, I had 11 months! They also said that there would be no chance of just turning up there and getting work! I decided to take the risk, registered with the board of NSW, got my working visa, and just went anyway.It was a load of rubbish what I had been told, loads of work! I could of got work through agencies , hospitals, and I could of easily got sponsorship to stay if I had wanted. Could you get a working visa, and go for sponsorship when you get there? I notice your claire1974, if this is your birth year and havent yet turned 30, this could be an option! Also this would allow you to choose what hospital you want to work in, and you could be a bit choosey! I haven't worked in Canberra though, I went to Sydney, so just letting you know my experience of there.
good luck
Fiona
Old Nov 4th 2004, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by claire1974
Well I didnt get the Job offer For Canberra (had interview in Birminham), said i wasnt qualified long enough and try again next yr this aint gonna stop me though, any advice??, ive got Canberra in my head now!! i need a you guys need to keep me motivated claire xx
Hey Claire,
Don't lose hope - as Sula says there quite a few nurses on here, whom I'm sure will point you in the right direction. I will ask my contact in Canberra for some advice, places to contact.
Keep positive - we need you out there.xxxxxxxxx
Old Nov 4th 2004, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
???????????????
Cas
You know Cas!
I was so relieved with Tony's positive reply and then I found out that he'd been lying to me all along!!!!!
I'm really happy for you guys and I'm glad Tony that you are not going it alone!
Chuffed to bits as my fella is coming out too now!!!! (just waiting for the fall out from his mum - yikes)
Old Nov 4th 2004, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kristine
You know Cas!
I was so relieved with Tony's positive reply and then I found out that he'd been lying to me all along!!!!!
I'm really happy for you guys and I'm glad Tony that you are not going it alone!
Chuffed to bits as my fella is coming out too now!!!! (just waiting for the fall out from his mum - yikes)
Cheers Kristine, hopefully things will work out - I've lodged my LSBV visa already, and am going out on the 10th Jan - hopefully Tony will join me soon after - one way or the other.
Cas