moving to nz

Old Jun 13th 2003, 9:08 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by deddog
Thanks for the info Roger and jajpe, very useful.
We were considering a two week trip in August to check out a few places but to my surprise we've decided to save the cash for a few beers when we get there.
Deb has got the form from the NMC to apply for registration and we will start looking for jobs when she is registered.
My eldest daughter likes the look of Christchurch (she claims she doesn't want to go but knows more about NZ than me already) but is concerned about the flipping tourists! (" I mean who wants to live in a town full of tourists." she moans)
you will do well you have good karma,....... MM
Old Jun 13th 2003, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

janweb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to nz

Originally posted by hattie
hi everyone. just joined so guess i'm a toddler member now. would like to hear about people's experiences of emigrating to NZ. we're coming out in dec. for a look around. there'll be four of us- hubby is a a fireman (firefighter if you're politically correct) and i'm a mental health nurse and we have 2 kids. if there's anyone out there with similar backgrounds too it would be really good to hear from you. i'm not sure i'm ready for pb et al's kind of emails so go easy guys.

Hi! Am also tot member and a nurse working in a coronary care unit.
Have sent NZ reg papers off, but am already linked up with Geneva agency who are trying to place us in either Auckland or Wellington and I'm not sure that we are ready for city living! We were/are looking at Bay of Plenty/Tauranga region, but don't know whether husband-design mac operator/studio manager will get a job there.
Geneva thinks it will be too quiet/full of old people.
Have got 3 kids ages 13,3 and 1, so trying to fill all criteria at the moment.
The application is costing a bit at the moment and will probably get more costly-transcript request £50, copy of reg cert £34, certified copies of passport etc tbc. So we will definitely give it a go and see how we get on.
Geneva says that we can't put visa app in yet as have to wait for firm job offer so we are just waiting now!
Good Luck with yours and keep in touch
Old Jun 13th 2003, 10:21 am
emmyandphil

Default Re: moving to nz

Originally posted by hattie
hi everyone. just joined so guess i'm a toddler member now. would like to hear about people's experiences of emigrating to NZ. we're coming out in dec. for a look around. there'll be four of us- hubby is a a fireman (firefighter if you're politically correct) and i'm a mental health nurse and we have 2 kids. if there's anyone out there with similar backgrounds too it would be really good to hear from you. i'm not sure i'm ready for pb et al's kind of emails so go easy guys.
Hi Hattie,
Welcome its always nice to hear of nurses coming over as we always need more

Emigrating was the best thing we ever did as a family, It does get stressful at times sorting out everything but its worth it in the long run.

I know some of you will moan at me but I must put our DHB's web address on here as we are always looking for nurses. The Wanganui health board is a really lovely place to work everyone is so friendly and I know Craig has recently employed nurses from the UK and Europe. So if you get a spare minute have a look or you could always have a chat with Craig he will always help anyone coming over. http://www.wdhb.org.nz/MVacancies.htm I guess I just love this place SO much I think everyone else will love it too

Good luck

Em

Old Jun 13th 2003, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

jezzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by deddog
We have just started on the road to NZ we are hoping for PR as my wife Deborah is nurse and a midwife.
We need to locate in the best area for our kids (16 & 15), although Deb likes the look of the Bay of Plenty area we have not ruled out anywhere.
A couple of things you may be able to help us with are:
Did you get your job through an agency?
How long will the job offer be held open?
Deborah has two Bsc hons degrees in midwifery and in health visiting. Will she be able to claim additional points for qualifications(I believe that either qualification is worth 10 points in the general skills category)?
Go for the bay of plenty, it has everything you could ever need in one area, we travelled all over NZ before settling here ,nowhere else took our fancy-some nice places though but usually too isolated.Most nurses work part time over here. Lifestyle you know :-)
Old Jun 13th 2003, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

deddog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jezzy
Go for the bay of plenty, it has everything you could ever need in one area, we travelled all over NZ before settling here ,nowhere else took our fancy-some nice places though but usually too isolated.Most nurses work part time over here. Lifestyle you know :-)
PART TIME!
Don't go giving her ideas.