Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving To Melbourne ? A profile of Melbournehelp

Moving To Melbourne ? A profile of Melbournehelp

Old Dec 13th 2004, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

surreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant future
Default Re: Moving To Melbourne ? A profile of Melbournehelp

Originally Posted by melbournehelp
Pre Christmas bump .
A merry Christmas to all past present and future clients !

Regards,

Steve Bowes
Hi Steve
Bond now paid, just awaiting Visa's. Next step to validate them within 12 months, is that from issue date of Visa or Med/Police clearance date which ever is earliest?
We will initially rent in Melbourne, until we are really comfortable with where we want to live. I know that you will be able to help with this when we come over mid/end of next year, but would like some idea on weekly rental cost for say a nice flat, centrally based with all amenities..ie gym/pool.
Any advise would be very much appreciated.
Kaz

================================================== =======
See living in Melbourne is just like it is in the soap opera Neighbours.
Perhaps scattering broken glass all over the front lawn might solve the problem.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Old Dec 13th 2004, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

wannabee auzzies is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Moving To Melbourne ? A profile of Melbournehelp

Originally Posted by melbournehelp
Pre Christmas bump .
A merry Christmas to all past present and future clients !

Regards,

Steve Bowes

Steve, forgive my ignorance have read this thread from start to finish still not sssure whether/what services you are offering and costs? Have 136 visa final move sept 05 however coming to Melbourne feb/march to check out jobs, cars, suburbs, houses etc. Have had great tips off this site what else can you add please.

DW

================================================== =======
See living in Melbourne is just like it is in the soap opera Neighbours.
Perhaps scattering broken glass all over the front lawn might solve the problem.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Old Dec 14th 2004, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

Scottie Shell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving To Melbourne ? A profile of Melbournehelp

Hey there

What is St kilda like. i have just got a job in melbourne....was just out there for a week trying to check it out....but never really got a good feel for places to stay. I am working in bayswater but want to live in the city and commute.....!!!!!! Although bayswater looks good, I want to live near a party area and be able to meet people since little me is on me own.......can you suggest areas to live??
Much appreciated....

Originally Posted by ianj
I'm in St Kilda and its grrrrreeeeeaaaaaattttttt, I'm single but I love where I am. Melbourne is very cool, very diverse and although there are some areas you wouldn't want to live in there are many more that you would.

Thing is, you find me a city anywhere in the world that doesn't have an area or areas that are rougher than others.

I think you would be struggling.