Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving To Melbourne ? A profile of Melbournehelp

Moving To Melbourne ? A profile of Melbournehelp

Old Sep 25th 2004, 7:51 am
making your move easier

melbournehelp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving To Melbourne ? A profile of Melbournehelp

Spilling the beans.Mums in the UK are great but I must remember when visiting them to log on as me .
Marketing is such a cruel world.
As punishment I will take myself to the market place and BritVics.
#Can i still play here as well ?
Old Sep 25th 2004, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by melbournehelp
Spilling the beans.Mums in the UK are great but I must remember when visiting them to log on as me .
Marketing is such a cruel world.
As punishment I will take myself to the market place and BritVics.
#Can i still play here as well ?

So Steve,

what happened was you jumped on your mums computer, went onto this site and posted but forgot to log in as yourself, easily done mate, I nearly did it on one when I first got over here.

Hows the trip? Everything going smoothly or cant you wait to get back.

Andy (valid visa in passport and living the dream)
Old Sep 25th 2004, 8:09 am
making your move easier

Andy, thankyou for your concern...
Can't wait to get back despite having a great time..problem is, getting back...
:scared: Thanks for your invaluable advice re my minor problem.
May have to extend my return date a little - it's out of my hands now and in the lap of the royal mail who refuse to acept Saturday as a working day when it comes to special delivery.Oh for my local postie....

To all concerned : I originally posted Moving to Melbourne ? on the market place forum in August 2004.I have had 34 views.
Before 'Moving to Melbourne ?' got deleted at someone's request I had 4,500 hits .Maybe the marketplace is not the place to market ?
Thing is if you don't know about it , you can't benefit from it !

Steve (at Mum's house !)
Old Sep 25th 2004, 3:12 pm
b.uk

b.uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Here's another one...

(I raise my glass to you all....although it is filled with red wine!)

[QUOTE=JackTheLad]Gotta applaud the man or the old lady for the creativity! And congrats to the man or the old lady for maintaining the cover for more than 2 months!!

Thanks for your congratulations JTL but there has never been any cloak and dagger stuff over my postings or comments. Yup, I am Steve's mum, yup he did log on with my "name" because I forgot to log off, yup I enjoy using this site and have, I hope made SOME useful contributions along the way...mainly to threads relating to kids moving to Melbourne and leaving upset parents behind in the UK. I am lucky enough to be able to see both sides of the coin.(I also admired alll the hard work and organisation put in by Bordy for the Melbourne Meet and put on an appropriate comment).
I thoroughly enjoy this site, your wit, your helpfulness to each other, the camaradarie and I hope to be able to continue to do so provided, of course, I do not upset your applecart over there! Nope, although I refer to myself as "an old biddy", I can assure you I have plenty of power to my elbow yet!!!! I guess you "kids" over there have achieved what many of us parents never were allowed to do....get out there into the world, do your own thing.......let us share your successes with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by b.uk; Sep 25th 2004 at 3:22 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 3:16 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Good on ya Steves mum. More power to your elbow.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 6:10 pm
Misery guts

LordSnotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ianj
I'm in St Kilda and its grrrrreeeeeaaaaaattttttt, I'm single but I love where I am. Melbourne is very cool, very diverse and although there are some areas you wouldn't want to live in there are many more that you would.

Thing is, you find me a city anywhere in the world that doesn't have an area or areas that are rougher than others.

I think you would be struggling.
What about Jo'burg? Or Glasgow at an Old Firm's match?
By the way have you heard that there's an ants' nest six miles wide under Melbourne? Hollywood could make movie of that.
Old Sep 26th 2004, 8:09 am
b.uk

b.uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Some more interesting facts on Melbourne- by Melhelp on B.Uk's computer :

The proliforation of new housing estates around the city fringe has led to an increase in snake activity.
Developers dig a huge hole to remove the rocks for the foundations of the new houses .They then fill the hole with water and the cost of your house will vary on how much of the water you can see .
Problem is that snakes used to live on that land and they still want to live there.Access to water is very inportant to a snake and the new 'lakes' are an ideal environment for them.
Taylors Lakes in the north has a considerable tiger snake problem, Caroline springs in the west has a 'live in' snake catcher .
Are we ever going to learn from meddling with the environment ?
Old Sep 26th 2004, 9:29 am
Just Joined

andysol is an unknown quantity at this point

Heres a link to an interesting story by the Guardian.
Welbourne - Guardian Unlimited
Andy sol
Old Oct 19th 2004, 11:03 am
making your move easier

Originally Posted by andysol
Heres a link to an interesting story by the Guardian.
Welbourne - Guardian Unlimited
Andy sol
not too bad a n article andy, but i did feel that the author was exercising his journalistic ability more than providing an informative article.
All I know is that I'm glad to be back in the land of customer service and smiles from waitresses.
Old Oct 19th 2004, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Dowster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by melbournehelp
All I know is that I'm glad to be back in the land of customer service and smiles from waitresses.
Customer service?! Are you really talking about Melbourne? Okay maybe in some cafe's but certainly not in the supermarkets. It's like stepping back in time... and not in a good way. What about banks? Pah
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:06 pm
making your move easier

Dowster, you cynic.
I think the customer service is great here considering it's mostly college kids and schoolies putting up with our whinging
Old Oct 31st 2004, 1:28 am
making your move easier

Melhelp regularly visits the chatroom.Evenmore so as the times have got better ! Will try to login 8.30pm uk time Mondays and Fridays.
Please feel free to join in and ask about moving to Melbourne

Steve
Old Oct 31st 2004, 6:19 am
wombat42

Melhelping hand has your interests in mind.
Melbourne help will let you know that Grey Street is where the street prostitutes hang out at night, frequently using your garden to service customers.
Steve Bowes melhelp[/QUOTE]

================================================== =======
See living in Melbourne is just like it is in the soap opera Neighbours.
Perhaps scattering broken glass all over the front lawn might solve the problem.

Last edited by wombat42; Oct 31st 2004 at 6:21 am.

Old Nov 15th 2004, 11:03 pm
making your move easier

Yes , neighbours is about as realistic as the Bill.
Have you noticed that there are no black/asian or other minority on neighbours or any other australian program.
we suffer from an undercurrent of racism here.Old Australia would have you believe that we are all 'white' here .We portray a ' I am you are we are australian' image, but there is a strong undercurent here of racism at the highest level.
Australians are afraid that they will lose their past and therefore their present and maybe their future unless we choose to ignore facts and ignore the integration of immigrants and there children.
Fact is that without the mass immigration in the 50's and sixties, Australia would be a ghost town and we'd still be eating bangers and mash.
Do you know that until 5 years ago football was called Wogball, because it was supposedly only played by immigrents who were and still are called " wogs". What a disgrace.
It wasn't until 1960 that aboriginals were accepted as human beings.They were reffered to as Flaura and Fauna .
There are more than 250 nations represented in Oz.it's a pity no one is representing them

Originally Posted by wombat42
Melhelping hand has your interests in mind.
Melbourne help will let you know that Grey Street is where the street prostitutes hang out at night, frequently using your garden to service customers.
Steve Bowes melhelp
Perhaps scattering broken glass all over the front lawn might solve the problem. [/QUOTE]
Old Dec 10th 2004, 7:47 pm
making your move easier

Pre Christmas bump .
A merry Christmas to all past present and future clients !

Regards,

Steve Bowes

Perhaps scattering broken glass all over the front lawn might solve the problem. [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.