Reload this Page >

Moving to the Gold Coast

Moving to the Gold Coast

Old Jun 12th 2009, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

wmckellar will become famous soon enough
Default Moving to the Gold Coast

G'day,

I see there are a lot of new british people moving to Brisbane any new comers to the Gold Coast?

Tried Brissie.....not good very klee kie . . .Gold Coast everyday.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

seanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to all
Default Re: Moving to the Gold Coast

We arrive on 6th July, OH will be working in Robina, me probably in Brisbane CBD, so will live somewhere inbetween but toward the gold coast.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Where are you coming from? How long has it taken you?
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

C'mon i dont believe for a min there is about a million people moving to Brissy this month and 1 person moving to the Gold coast????
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

markntracy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Moving to the Gold Coast

hi guys,
were heading down that way soon,beginning of aug. Looking to live anywhere between Burleigh & Southport. Have a job at GC hospital so need to be around there. We are a family of 4, kids 11 &12, so would love to hear from anyone in or soon to be in this area
tracy & mark
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

we are looking at the Gold coast too.. Oct-Nov time if the visa comes
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by markntracy
hi guys,
were heading down that way soon,beginning of aug. Looking to live anywhere between Burleigh & Southport. Have a job at GC hospital so need to be around there. We are a family of 4, kids 11 &12, so would love to hear from anyone in or soon to be in this area
tracy & mark
Hi Tracy

what will you be doing at the GC hospital... i have looked here but as yet have not applied anywhere as we are going on OH visa. we have been looking aound pacific pines area..... but never been so who knows

cheryl
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

hi cheryl,

I`ve been offered a job on their neonatal unit,more special care at the mo; but it`s a nice unit and i went for a look around last aug and the staff seemed really friendly.Were house sitting in Nerang for a few months this will give us plenty of time to look around and find a nice place to live,so weve kinda fallen on our feet . lucky
Old Jun 12th 2009, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi cheryl,

I`ve been offered a job on their neonatal unit,more special care at the mo; but it`s a nice unit and i went for a look around last aug and the staff seemed really friendly.Were house sitting in Nerang for a few months this will give us plenty of time to look around and find a nice place to live,so weve kinda fallen on our feet . lucky
thats great... i qualify as a midwife in Sept and we were hoping to be out for Oct, nov but dont know now with visa.

you will have to let me know what you think of the GC hospital.

are you over there at the moment if not when do you go

cheryl
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

cheryl,
we`ve booked our flights for 31st July. have you been allocated a co yet. i think from what i`ve read the midwifery is very different a little more Dr lead than most of the midwives would like but i`ll wait and see. What hospital are you at ,I`ll keep you informed on how we get on.

tracy
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lyndhurst
Hi Tracy

what will you be doing at the GC hospital... i have looked here but as yet have not applied anywhere as we are going on OH visa. we have been looking aound pacific pines area..... but never been so who knows

cheryl
They are in the process of building a new hospital which will be open in 2012. Check out the link http://www.health.qld.gov.au/buildin...gchospital.asp When this opens i believe they will kock down SOuthport and turn it into units.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lyndhurst
Hi Tracy

cheryl
Cheryl, Pac pines is a nice area but there are a lot of British people live up there. The public transport is pretty average too. If it is during the day it is not too bad but after say 5-6pm you are very limited to getting around. Have you been over here before?
Old Jun 12th 2009, 10:10 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys,
tracy & mark

Not moving soon but been here 2 years now if that helps?!!! X
Old Jun 13th 2009, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

josie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant future

hi all

16 days till we move to the Gold Coast

family with 3 teenagers, we too are looking at pacific pines and i have got a job in brissy at the mater hospital,

very exciting and very daunting

jo x
Old Jun 13th 2009, 6:56 am

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by josie jo
hi all

16 days till we move to the Gold Coast

family with 3 teenagers, we too are looking at pacific pines and i have got a job in brissy at the mater hospital,

very exciting and very daunting

jo x
hi all
we moved to the gold coast 2 years ago we live on pacific pines 6 children and lots to do where we are thank god
lesley x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.