Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to the Gold Coast

Moving to the Gold Coast

Old Jun 13th 2009, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

josie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Moving to the Gold Coast

Originally Posted by snow-white
hi all
we moved to the gold coast 2 years ago we live on pacific pines 6 children and lots to do where we are thank god
lesley x
hi lesley

i have a question, how long does it take to travel to brisbane??? i'm thinking it's about an hour from pacific pines, still wondering if it's to far to travel to work!

thanks

jo x
Old Jun 13th 2009, 7:14 am

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by josie jo
hi lesley

i have a question, how long does it take to travel to brisbane??? i'm thinking it's about an hour from pacific pines, still wondering if it's to far to travel to work!

thanks

jo x
45 mins to an hour max depends on traffic hubbie travels to brissie everyday for work

lesley x
Old Jun 13th 2009, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Kirby Reynolds is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wmckellar
G'day,

I see there are a lot of new british people moving to Brisbane any new comers to the Gold Coast?

Tried Brissie.....not good very klee kie . . .Gold Coast everyday.
Hi

We are a family of 4 Heading to GC, im 29 my girlfriend is 25 we have a baby girl of 7 months and Jack Russel dog Sebastian. We are not sure when we are moving. depends on visa and work situation in around GC and Brissy (Electrician). Might try Living round Robina as we have family in that area. So far the visa process and Vetasses has taken us just under a year. We are currently waiting on State Sponsership to progress to the visa application. hope to move early next year depending on the work factor, which our scouts say are not good.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

PursersinOz is an unknown quantity at this point

We moved to Carrara on the Gold Coast Nov 2007 and love it, we have the sea and the mountains, there is so much to do here for the kids and adults alike, as a family we are very happy, just need to find a larger rental until we can buy and life would be great. Good luck with the move all of you, you wont regret it.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PursersinOz
We moved to Carrara on the Gold Coast Nov 2007 and love it, we have the sea and the mountains, there is so much to do here for the kids and adults alike, as a family we are very happy, just need to find a larger rental until we can buy and life would be great. Good luck with the move all of you, you wont regret it.

I Know really Can not wait. Have to be Patient though.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

would just like to say parking around the hospital is a nightmare and has very over zealous parking attendants ( fund raisers for the council ). You can park a little bit away for free and walk the rest.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by josie jo
hi all

16 days till we move to the Gold Coast

family with 3 teenagers, we too are looking at pacific pines and i have got a job in brissy at the mater hospital,

very exciting and very daunting

jo x
Hi Jo... 16 days wow bet you cant wait

you will have to let me know how you go with the mater as iv heard it is a good drive away... what will you be doing are you a nurse or midwife xx
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wmckellar
They are in the process of building a new hospital which will be open in 2012. Check out the link http://www.health.qld.gov.au/buildin...gchospital.asp When this opens i believe they will kock down SOuthport and turn it into units.

thats fab thankyou i didnt know this.. i have just looked, do you know if it has a maternity unit. xx

thanks to everyone for there advice ... xxx
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by markntracy
cheryl,
we`ve booked our flights for 31st July. have you been allocated a co yet. i think from what i`ve read the midwifery is very different a little more Dr lead than most of the midwives would like but i`ll wait and see. What hospital are you at ,I`ll keep you informed on how we get on.

tracy
hi Tracey...

no CO yet still waiting to hear about SS.... i have not applied for any jobs at the moment thought i would wait and see when we get there..

it would be great if you have got any info on the hospitals.. keep in touch would be great to see how you get on....xx
Old Jun 14th 2009, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Julie9 has a spectacular aura aboutJulie9 has a spectacular aura aboutJulie9 has a spectacular aura about

Hi all we are also moving to the Gold Coast , We arrive on 9th Sept (family of 4 with a daughter 12 and a son 8) its all getting very scary its only about 6 weeks till our container leaves

Julie
Old Jun 14th 2009, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Julie9
Hi all we are also moving to the Gold Coast , We arrive on 9th Sept (family of 4 with a daughter 12 and a son 8) its all getting very scary its only about 6 weeks till our container leaveshttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...milies/eek.gif

Julie
Where abouts are you heading in GC? Good luck. Let us know how you get on!

Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Julie9 has a spectacular aura aboutJulie9 has a spectacular aura aboutJulie9 has a spectacular aura about

Hi, we are staying in holiday accomodation for a month in Broadbeach but are hoping to find long term rental in Robina or the surrounding areas

Julie
Old Jun 14th 2009, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

markntracy is an unknown quantity at this point

julie where abouts in kent are you from, before moving to surrey 20 years ago i lived on the isle of sheppey
Old Jun 14th 2009, 9:17 pm
Legal immigrant

Lee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond repute

Hi we are arriving mid October aiming for Coomera area. We are Jon Annette Lindsey (18) and Sarah (16).

Jon
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by markntracy
julie where abouts in kent are you from, before moving to surrey 20 years ago i lived on the isle of sheppey
Hi,
We are in Walderslade near Chatham

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.