Reload this Page >

moving with debts

moving with debts

Old Apr 27th 2008, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

oopa will become famous soon enough
Default moving with debts

hi,

can anybody tell me if i can transfer my uk credit card debts with me when i move to australia? I am looking to transfer not hide or run i must add lol Any help would be great!!

looking to move in 12 months (approx) have not decided between sydney and melbourne yet depends which one needs bricklayers more i suppose
Old Apr 27th 2008, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of
Default Re: moving with debts

Originally Posted by oopa
hi,

can anybody tell me if i can transfer my uk credit card debts with me when i move to australia? I am looking to transfer not hide or run i must add lol Any help would be great!!

looking to move in 12 months (approx) have not decided between sydney and melbourne yet depends which one needs bricklayers more i suppose
we still kept a UK credit card going when we moved to Aus.We just gave them the new address in aus. It does get awkward though as you almost end up having to pay a month in advance (because of the posting delays) to avoid hefty interest charges or fines for late payments,but if you do online banking it shouldn't be a problem. We just kept ours until we got sorted with Aus. ones and then paid off the UK and closed the account.Hope that helps?
Old Apr 27th 2008, 1:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

hi,

Online banking set up in the UK, open an account with www.tranzfers.com to move money from Aus to the UK, then just pay the bills as you do now
Old Apr 27th 2008, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Babsw
we still kept a UK credit card going when we moved to Aus.We just gave them the new address in aus. It does get awkward though as you almost end up having to pay a month in advance (because of the posting delays) to avoid hefty interest charges or fines for late payments,but if you do online banking it shouldn't be a problem. We just kept ours until we got sorted with Aus. ones and then paid off the UK and closed the account.Hope that helps?
that sounds good to me! i was worried that my application would be denied because of my debts in the uk, but if i can just transfer them with me thats brilliant!!
thanks very much
Old Apr 27th 2008, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Online banking set up in the UK, open an account with www.tranzfers.com to move money from Aus to the UK, then just pay the bills as you do now
thanks very much
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:41 pm

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

that sounds good to me! i was worried that my application would be denied because of my debts in the uk, but if i can just transfer them with me thats brilliant!!
thanks very much
I don't think they look at your debtswhen you apply - only if you have debts to the Australian Government with no arrangements to repay.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 2:52 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

thanks very much
It isn't that you will TRASFER them with you. Leave them where they are and send money to the UK to pay them. Using something like Ozforex (also known as TRANZFERS) will cost you $15 a pop.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by oliver1982
I don't think they look at your debtswhen you apply - only if you have debts to the Australian Government with no arrangements to repay.
i hope not as i dont want them to spoil everything!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jayr
It isn't that you will TRASFER them with you. Leave them where they are and send money to the UK to pay them. Using something like Ozforex (also known as TRANZFERS) will cost you $15 a pop.
thanks your the 2nd person to mention this trazfers company, i will look into them once my visa is sorted, fingers crossed it is anyway