Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Brisbane,Gold coast or Sunshine coast 09

Moving to Brisbane,Gold coast or Sunshine coast 09

Old Nov 25th 2008, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all
Default Re: Moving to Brisbane,Gold coast or Sunshine coast 09

Hi we too are hopefully going to brisbane area sometime nxt year.
Me my oh who is a sparky and our 3boys 14, 11 and 9.
Have visa got that last sept but due to house not selling still here
Went and validated in may stayed in caloundra.
Plan on living between brisbane and sunshine coast.
Never thought we would be here for another xmas but fingers crossed for next year.

Lorna
Old Nov 25th 2008, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

geordies4life will become famous soon enoughgeordies4life will become famous soon enough

Hi punoo we have facebook will pm with the details
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

punoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by geordies4life
Hi punoo we have facebook will pm with the details
Found your wife but cant find you, please add me i have pm'd u my details.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

brisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nice

hi,
We fly to Brisbane on the 13th of Feb 09.
OH has applied for a few jobs, but hardly any responses either.It is worrying leaving good jobs and family etc, but I am hoping it will work out
Would be nice to keep in touch as time gets close
Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

jmoseley will become famous soon enough

Booked our flights this morning, leave on the 18th April 09, got no job (IT Manager) but will do anything. Ideal job will to be a green keeper on a golf course!!!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

vanessandave has a spectacular aura aboutvanessandave has a spectacular aura aboutvanessandave has a spectacular aura about

We are heading to the Gold Coast in February, thats me and the misses and the kids (well, 3 dogs and 2 cats). Vanessa the Vet has got a couple of jobs lined up but I've got nowt, but trying not to worry about that at the moment.

sorry to deviate slightly from the topic, but has anybody spotted any good flight deals?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Hi everyone

We were hoping to be in Australia right now, but again due to housing market are stuck in UK .

We have our visa, are going to validate in May and are heading to Sunshine Coast and Bundaberg for another reccie.

When we first applied for our visa back in March 07 we were thinking of either Sydney or Brisbane to settle in, so we went out in May to see what we thought, loved Sydney, hated Brisbane, and we fell in love with Mooloolaba and really fell in love with Bundy, so we decided that we wanted to settle in Bundy, but the more we actually think about it the more we are now being drawn bvack to the Sunshine Coast, there seems to be more job prosects and more places to see and things to do.

We would so love to be out there in 2009, but sooooo not hopefull with this bloomin housing market, but are seriously considering renting out the house if we dont get any interest in the house in early 2009

Gill
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vanessandave
We are heading to the Gold Coast in February, thats me and the misses and the kids (well, 3 dogs and 2 cats). Vanessa the Vet has got a couple of jobs lined up but I've got nowt, but trying not to worry about that at the moment.

sorry to deviate slightly from the topic, but has anybody spotted any good flight deals?

Check out ebookers.com

there were some great deals on with Emirates and Qantas last month, but unfortunately I think they might have stopped.

Gill
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

punoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to all

All The best markandgill.
We are planning to move july-august09 and really hoping to get a job to survive.....very worried about the recession resulting in no job openings. But anyway have decided to move for now n hoping for the best.

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi everyone

We were hoping to be in Australia right now, but again due to housing market are stuck in UK .

We have our visa, are going to validate in May and are heading to Sunshine Coast and Bundaberg for another reccie.

When we first applied for our visa back in March 07 we were thinking of either Sydney or Brisbane to settle in, so we went out in May to see what we thought, loved Sydney, hated Brisbane, and we fell in love with Mooloolaba and really fell in love with Bundy, so we decided that we wanted to settle in Bundy, but the more we actually think about it the more we are now being drawn bvack to the Sunshine Coast, there seems to be more job prosects and more places to see and things to do.

We would so love to be out there in 2009, but sooooo not hopefull with this bloomin housing market, but are seriously considering renting out the house if we dont get any interest in the house in early 2009

Gill
Old Dec 31st 2008, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi everyone

Gill
Hi Mark and Gill,
Could be the right decision to move to sunshine coast from what ive seen far more going on and loads more for kids to do. I like living in Bundy but very often wonder if ive made the right choice for my kids who are 22 almost 23 and 20 by the way!! reccie trips are not true its too short a time to get a real feel but if you only rent when you first arrive your not tied to one place. It seems most of the kids in Bundy either stay and settle very young to have children or move away to get a life oops sorry i should say career. its a very friendly cheap place to live from what weve seen but Australia is a big place so keep an open mind.
Teryna
PS Ive been hearing lately of lay offs in employment even the mines !!! not good and some builders are saying work is drying up!! Im safe and hubby cos we both work at the lFriendlies Society hospital so no chance of work drying up for us.

Last edited by bundybell; Dec 31st 2008 at 3:10 am.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Ben F is just really niceBen F is just really niceBen F is just really niceBen F is just really niceBen F is just really niceBen F is just really niceBen F is just really niceBen F is just really nice

hi.
we were hoping to be in brisbane (redcliff area) in march but house sale has fallen through so looks like a trip out to validate our visas. hopefully the house goes soon and we dont have to wait much longer. feels like we are in limbo while we wait. as for a job will wait until we are out there as i will have to get a license and a blue card before i can start work (spark by trade) as mentioned before probably not get any replies until we are out there.
Ben
Old Dec 31st 2008, 10:28 am
Outback Club Member

Paddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant future

Hi everyone

I am moving out in April 09 to start work on 13th. Moving to Sunshine Coast...Buderim to be exact.

Will be on my own but I'm the sort of person who can cope with that.

Nervous about leaving what is a very good job but excited about the road ahead.

For those that say an employer won't look at you until you are there....this is not always the case. I sent off my CV and ended up with a job with the first contact I made. Luck I know!
Old Dec 31st 2008, 10:31 am
Outback Club Member

Paddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vanessandave
Depends what you are after. If you want to go ultra cheap then airasia.com are about the cheapest I have found....but it is basic....think easyjet.

Singapore were £595 one way for April when I looked.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 12:43 pm
aussie married to a brit!

chocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond repute

we're moving back to the gold coast at end of april 2009!!!!

yay..can't wait....
we're just not looking forward to having to do all the winding up and packing before we go, and i am very anxious about picking the right removalists and making sure everything is packed properley, as i hear so many stories about them just shoving stuff in boxes when you're not looking!

i can't wait to go to the "best of all lookout" and a rainforest alk up at springbrook, can't wait to go and see the king parrots up at o'reillys (sadly we have to leave our beloved parrots here,(one sadly deceased recently) even though they came with us from australia )...
i can't wait to go and use the facilities at the place we will live....large landscaped outdoor pool, indoor pool, tennis courts, sauna, spa, bbqs, etc and pay our weekly cheap as chips rent to the on site management, and best of all...i can't wait to be able to call the cops on people to shut them up when they're noisy late at night!!!

that is one of the things i can't wait to get away from here....the guy upstairs wakes us up thru the night and is very disruptive, and talks on his phone at the top of his voice at 3 am with his windows open and theres sod all we can do about it...even though he is breaking the terms of his lease!
the place we used to live and are going back to has onsite management too, and they keep on top of that sort of thing....

oh for a good nights sleep finally....apart from the kids constantly waking us up that is!
Old Jan 1st 2009, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by punoo
Hello soon to be QLDers :-)

Just wanted to start a thread of all of us moving to Brisbane and surroundings.
We are still waiting for our visa but really hoping to move next year!

We have started applying for jobs(IT) but till now nothing positive....maybe the job market is down....really hope next year its fine....
What about you guys? already have a job or looking for one or will look for one
when there?
We haven't really decided where to live but near the sea will be fab!
It will be great to get in touch with everyone moving there and once there we can have a BE party!!

All the best everyone!
Most of the agencies dont even bother to look at your resimies unless you are actually in Aus.M ost employers will look to Aussies first. Unless your a nurse or a tradie it does take time .People will also treat you with kid gloves what was for you a menial task in the UK you will be supervised until they trust you enough. Dont want to sound negative we love it here but it has not been easy just be prepared for knock backs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.