Reload this Page >

Moving to beerwah QLD

Moving to beerwah QLD

Old May 30th 2010, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

dannybg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to beerwah QLD

Hi,

Could anyone possibly offer any thoughs on Beerwah, My family of five are moving to the area in July/August this year. We are aims to live fairly local to the beach, no more than a 20 minute drive and would like some feedback on schools and local amenities.

Many Thanks
Old May 30th 2010, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

mordechaivanunu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to beerwah QLD

Have been to beerwah a few times (my daughters friend lives there) nice area, pretty rural (although have been told there are plans to build 15000 homes in the area)! It is a little bit out the way though. Sorry haven't got any more info!
Old May 30th 2010, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mordechaivanunu
Have been to beerwah a few times (my daughters friend lives there) nice area, pretty rural (although have been told there are plans to build 15000 homes in the area)! It is a little bit out the way though. Sorry haven't got any more info!
Thanks for info, i was wondering if its sightly too rural? decisions decisions! Thanks again.
Old May 30th 2010, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

That depends on where you plan to work etc.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 9:28 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dannybg
Hi,

Could anyone possibly offer any thoughs on Beerwah, My family of five are moving to the area in July/August this year. We are aims to live fairly local to the beach, no more than a 20 minute drive and would like some feedback on schools and local amenities.

Many Thanks
Never driven to the beach from Beerwah, but I doubt it's 20 mins - possibly 30+
Old Jun 1st 2010, 11:15 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
Never driven to the beach from Beerwah, but I doubt it's 20 mins - possibly 30+
Its 25 mins if you get a good run, 30+ if you don't. Steve irwin way is 100km speed limit, then you've got caloundra road at 70km I think, with 3 or 4 roundabouts on the way... getting to the beach from beerwah is very easy.

But beerwah is a pretty rural place, there isn't a lot to do there.

Dannybg, have a look at places inland from maroochydore or mooloolaba too... as you'll be closer to these two towns which might offer you some more employment options...
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

And dont forget to bring your bible

It would not be for me bugger all for the kids to do and some times it reminds of hicksville. It will take you a good 30 mins to get to the beach from there but the zoo is close if you have $500 to spare. We live in Little Mountain and love it here. Tens mins to beach Five mins walk to the school which the kids love have shops close by and then pretty central to every where else so it all good.

But if you like hicksville and being a bit out of the way then best of luck. Just not for us.

Paddy
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 3:38 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
But if you like hicksville and being a bit out of the way then best of luck. Just not for us.

Paddy
heh heh... if you think that beerwah is "hicksville" then you need to do some more travelling in Australia.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 3:42 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
heh heh... if you think that beerwah is "hicksville" then you need to do some more travelling in Australia.
He is from Ireland ya know
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
He is from Ireland ya know
Yeah the good part Bernie
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
Yeah the good part Bernie
Thanks everyone for advise, it's so difficult to make the right choice, from all the comments i think we may be looking at Little mountain as an alternative to Beerwah which was our original choice, i think we need to stop looking in the Australia and New Zealand magazine as this is possibly influencing our decision? but will research maroochydore or mooloolaba also.

Too many nice places to choose from.

Many thanks again Dan
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 10:05 am
Account Open

Thanks everyone for advise, it's so difficult to make the right choice, from all the comments i think we may be looking at Little mountain as an alternative to Beerwah which was our original choice, i think we need to stop looking in the Australia and New Zealand magazine as this is possibly influencing our decision? but will research maroochydore or mooloolaba also.

Too many nice places to choose from.

Many thanks again Dan
heh heh...

stop reading the AusNZ magazine and start reading through this forum, I reckon you'll get better info.

is there any reason why you're looking at beerwah in particular? are you guys specifically looking for a rural area, or are you looking for an affordable place? what line of work are you in? and the mrs?

best of luck !
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by asprilla
heh heh...

stop reading the AusNZ magazine and start reading through this forum, I reckon you'll get better info.

is there any reason why you're looking at beerwah in particular? are you guys specifically looking for a rural area, or are you looking for an affordable place? what line of work are you in? and the mrs?

best of luck !
I think your right, we were thinking that our current situation in England is ideal, in that we are about 20 mins from beach, just outside of the city. but sounds like Beerwah is too rural, not enough for kids to do. affordability is an issue, would ideally not like to spend over 400k on a place. i currently work as a clinical nurse manager, Mrs is an office manager. looking forward to a new way of like, hopefully slower pace!!
Old Jun 6th 2010, 1:03 pm
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

I think your right, we were thinking that our current situation in England is ideal, in that we are about 20 mins from beach, just outside of the city. but sounds like Beerwah is too rural, not enough for kids to do. affordability is an issue, would ideally not like to spend over 400k on a place. i currently work as a clinical nurse manager, Mrs is an office manager. looking forward to a new way of like, hopefully slower pace!!
let me chime in - steve irwin highway is 80k not 100 k - they changed it for safety reasons but imagine being on the a14 to norwich - thats how narrow and flat the road is. beerwah - small town really, one or two main high street areas, but now they have a woolies with a few more commercial shops in place, great little cafe opposite woolies, got wifi so you can spend all your coffee time on BE! schools - well i do a bit of work in beerwah, and glasshouse country christian college which is opposite - depends on whether you want to pay or not as GCC is fee paying, very small though so i am sure the experience for the kids is better...beerwah is a pretty big state school...as other people have said a lot of the kids come from pretty 'rural' areas (although i disagree that beerwah i strictly rural) so...some of the kids can be pretty basic and straight to the point - very strong rugby league communities and you will not be out of place with a 'rats tail' - all that said yes 30 mins to the beach, nice drive, and yes some new money and houses moving into the area means the place is becoming a bit more upbeat....agree with others, if you want less 'rural' try caloundra (little 'britain' mountain), mooloolaba, maroochydore, kawana, the other side of the bruce highway...BUT for 400k i reckon you have to look pretty hard and do some bargaining pretty quick as the word is that prices will start to creep back up again....

and now the weather its blue skies and sunny again

hope that helps, let me know if you have any q's,

J
Old Jun 6th 2010, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

Sippy Downs is also an option,about 15-25 mins drive to Nambour General (always advertising clinical nurse positions).........we bought a 4 b/room home there for 415k$(Chancellor Park),Primary School,High School and University all within 5kms radius,shopping centre with everything you could need and only 15minutes drive to Mooloolaba beach.