Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bringing tools etc?

Bringing tools etc?

Old Jun 6th 2010, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Pozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nice
Default Bringing tools etc?

Those of you who are a bit mechanical or diy minded what did you bring with you?

Im aware that anything you migrate with needs to be really clean, but what about tools etc?

I have a fair few mechanic tools that I intend to bring but what do I do about cleaning them? Especially things that are a bit rusty or tarnished?

Cheers
Old Jun 6th 2010, 8:16 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bringing tools etc?

Originally Posted by Pozz
Those of you who are a bit mechanical or diy minded what did you bring with you?

Im aware that anything you migrate with needs to be really clean, but what about tools etc?

I have a fair few mechanic tools that I intend to bring but what do I do about cleaning them? Especially things that are a bit rusty or tarnished?

Cheers
the concern is regarding any plant or soil matter and insects that could effect the diverse flora and fauna here, so spanners with rust give em a wipe,
mowers and garden tools will be scutanised alot more closley so give them a good going over and a blast of jeyes fluid would help ( the smell says you cleaned them ) same applys to bike tyres, golf shoes, wellies etc

regards steve

ps broght a whole shed full of tools over for both work and DIY
Old Jun 6th 2010, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bringing tools etc?

I brought loads of work tools and garden tools. As suggested, make sure you spend some time with the Jeyes fluid and even just pour some on them at the end..with the hope that the smell stays until inspected!