Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Australia

Moving to Australia

Old May 15th 2018, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Zimbobird13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Australia

Hi there, my husband and I have decided we would like to emigrate to Australia. We have two children ages 3 and 6. I am currently a key worker at a nursery and studying an Early Years degree with a view to do my PGCE once qualified.
My husband is in the British Army and will be doing a troops to teachers qualification if we can ensure this will grant him rights to teach in Australia. Any ideas where we can check this?
im hoping to come across as a nursery manager but wondered how many years experience will I need? Eventually want to do Kindy teaching.
Any ideas where i can look to see what we would need to earn to have a decent life? We are looking at Perth WA but havent settled on that area completely.
Thanks
Old May 15th 2018, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Australia

Originally Posted by Zimbobird13
Hi there, my husband and I have decided we would like to emigrate to Australia. We have two children ages 3 and 6. I am currently a key worker at a nursery and studying an Early Years degree with a view to do my PGCE once qualified.
My husband is in the British Army and will be doing a troops to teachers qualification if we can ensure this will grant him rights to teach in Australia. Any ideas where we can check this?
im hoping to come across as a nursery manager but wondered how many years experience will I need? Eventually want to do Kindy teaching.
Any ideas where i can look to see what we would need to earn to have a decent life? We are looking at Perth WA but havent settled on that area completely.
Thanks
Unless the TtT program involves 4 years of Uni education with the required period of practice teaching then, no, he wouldn’t be able to teach in Australia. A quick look seems to indicate that it’s a 2 year school based program which fails on all counts.

The average salary in Australia is around $80k. Most families I know need two parents working to make ends meet so a combined income of around $130k would be a conservative estimate these days. However what is beans on toast territory for one family would be caviar territory for another family.

I think you need 3 years experience as a child care centre manager so you’re looking at a very long term plan here and lots can change before then!

Old May 16th 2018, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Australia

Teaching jobs in Perth are very hard to come by for veteran Australian teachers. A foreigner arriving with no experience, has a minuscule chance.

This is a very long-term plan.