Reload this Page >

Moving to Australia

Moving to Australia

Old Apr 10th 2016, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

jairian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Australia

Hi
we are thinking about moving to Australia, after speaking to some of my friends, I got a mix response like, some say Sydney is better for finding better jobs, Adelaide is very laid back where as Perth is pretty much same like Adelaide, the reason I was more interested in Adelaide is because I have some relatives as well.

Personally I don't want to end in a place I sit and regret my move from UK, were I go for all sort of adventure at the moment.

I would like some advice, which would be the ideal place where I can find woodlands, beach, trekking, mountaineering, off-road driving and a lot of kids activities....etc. etc.

Thanks Guys
Old Apr 10th 2016, 3:02 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Australia

Originally Posted by jairian
Hi
we are thinking about moving to Australia, after speaking to some of my friends, I got a mix response like, some say Sydney is better for finding better jobs, Adelaide is very laid back where as Perth is pretty much same like Adelaide, the reason I was more interested in Adelaide is because I have some relatives as well.

Personally I don't want to end in a place I sit and regret my move from UK, were I go for all sort of adventure at the moment.

I would like some advice, which would be the ideal place where I can find woodlands, beach, trekking, mountaineering, off-road driving and a lot of kids activities....etc. etc.

Thanks Guys
Welcome to BE

Before deciding on how to spend all that wonderful spare time in the sun and space you have to sort out whether you can get a visa, a read through this will help you to sort a lot of this out.

Category:Australian Immigration : British Expat Wiki
Old Apr 11th 2016, 12:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks Guys
You are going to find activities and reasonable access to beach in pretty much all the populated areas of Australia.

If you want to work through your options, then you need to look at factors that vary from one place to another. In Australia these typically include climate, housing cost and availability of jobs.

So a quick comparison of Sydney and Adelaide on those factors. Sydney has a much wetter climate than Adelaide. Sydney housing costs will be massively more expensive than Adelaide. Adelaide unemployment rates are higher than Sydney.

But yes the first question has to be can you get a visa?
Old Apr 11th 2016, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

thank you
for the reply

let me answer your main concern about my visa, yes I work in health department and already got some emails and in fact I've done 2 phone interviews, they are willing to send me an invitation along with tickets.

Ya, basically I would be posted anywhere of my wish, so still waiting for some valuable advice.

thanks mate
Old Apr 12th 2016, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean "they are willing to send me an invitation along with tickets"? Are you saying you have been offered a job by a company who will sponsor you for the appropriate visa , or is it an invitation to an interview for example. Unless you are an OZ citizen, or just visiting on a holiday visa then this seems very unusual. Is the company you dealing with an employment agency? Saying you would be posted anywhere you wish sounds very suspicious to me as usually if you can find sponsorship you are limited to that employer/state for sometime. I'm sure folks with a greater depth of knowledge will be along soon , but they will need more information to be able to offer constructive advice. All I can say, based on what you have posted is , be careful!
Old Apr 12th 2016, 1:16 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

they are willing to send me an invitation along with tickets.
This does not sound genuine.

BB
Old Apr 14th 2016, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the advice, I'm waiting for the response from the agency.
Old Apr 14th 2016, 1:29 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Drop the agency and look at Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection. If there's something on the official DIBP website that you fit into then you can possibly get a visa.

What precisely do you do for the health department? Are you a doctor? Nurse? Admin? I work for the WA Department of Health but my job wouldn't get me a visa to Australia or pretty much any other country either.

As for your analysis of Sydney, Adelaide and Perth, I would have to say you're way off base. Perth is nothing like Adelaide IMO (I have lived in both and still travel regularly to Adelaide)
Old Apr 14th 2016, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

thank you
for the reply

let me answer your main concern about my visa, yes I work in health department and already got some emails and in fact I've done 2 phone interviews, they are willing to send me an invitation along with tickets.

Ya, basically I would be posted anywhere of my wish, so still waiting for some valuable advice.

thanks mate
Do you pick up the trunk load of money from the Nigerian on the way?
Old Apr 14th 2016, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks Guys
Sydney or Melbourne sound like the place for you. It has the city with jobs and the nature on the doorstep to go with it. If the thought of Adelaide and Perth puts you off then you can throw Brisbane in that camp.