Moving to AUS?

Old Jul 9th 2020, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Zera1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to AUS?

Hi all, I’m a single mother to my 6 year old and recently got let go due to COVID.
I have no qualifications however my partner lives in AUS and has asked me to move over to be with him & relocate there.
I have no family here or anything stopping me but for some reason I feel like it’s going to be difficult given the circumstances.
I haven’t much money behind me & was wondering if anyone could offer any advice or help as to where to start?
and if this is a realistically achievable.

Old Jul 9th 2020, 3:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to AUS?

It’s certainly doable if your partner is willing to sponsor you for the appropriate visa however it’s not a cheap process. Expect to pay around £5000 in fees.

Have you ever lived with your partner or has it been exclusively a long distance/online relationship?
Old Jul 10th 2020, 12:33 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zera1234 View Post
Hi all, I’m a single mother to my 6 year old and recently got let go due to COVID.
I have no qualifications however my partner lives in AUS and has asked me to move over to be with him & relocate there.
I have no family here or anything stopping me but for some reason I feel like it’s going to be difficult given the circumstances.
I haven’t much money behind me & was wondering if anyone could offer any advice or help as to where to start?
and if this is a realistically achievable.
To add to the points raised by BritInParis, is your partner actually Australian? Or is he/she on a visa? If so, is it temporary or permanent - you need to make sure that your partner is actually eligible to sponsor you, as not everyone living in Australia qualifies as a sponsor
Old Jul 10th 2020, 6:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
To add to the points raised by BritInParis, is your partner actually Australian? Or is he/she on a visa? If so, is it temporary or permanent - you need to make sure that your partner is actually eligible to sponsor you, as not everyone living in Australia qualifies as a sponsor
.... and to add to that would the father give consent to moving the 6 year to other side of the world?