Reload this Page >

MOVED TO BYRON BAY WOULD LOVE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS

MOVED TO BYRON BAY WOULD LOVE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS

Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:18 am
victor

vickyclements will become famous soon enough
Unhappy MOVED TO BYRON BAY WOULD LOVE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS

hI,

We have just move from devon and i am really lonely as we have no friends,My husband is working so i am trying to fill my days up, i would love to meet new people and make freinds.
I am 26 and kind, caring women i am feeling abit depressed and i am having panic attacks as i have left all my family and friends behind.

Would love to here from anyone

Thanks
Vicky Clements

Last edited by vickyclements; Mar 14th 2008 at 12:20 am. Reason: title is wrong
Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MOVED TO BYRON BAY WOULD LOVE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS

Hey Vicky.. I'm in the US so absolutely no help as making new friends goes.. but just wanted to wish you all the best.. It gets easier, and theres lots of lovely people on here.. Really best of luck.. lots of us in the same boat!

Take Care
Old Mar 14th 2008, 4:59 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vickyclements
hI,

We have just move from devon and i am really lonely as we have no friends,My husband is working so i am trying to fill my days up, i would love to meet new people and make freinds.
I am 26 and kind, caring women i am feeling abit depressed and i am having panic attacks as i have left all my family and friends behind.

Thanks
Vicky Clements
I am no doctor Vicki but I had no friends when I arrived nor do I have that many now.

However I have tried to explore the place I now live and try to set up a good life for my family, coupled with spending more time with my family has help reduce the frequency of which I think of my old life.

Been here over nine months now and it is starting to feel like home.

The internet is a great thing, get a webcam and use Skype to contact family, text messaging and the odd call back to Devon won't break the bank.

So just because your away from all that is familiar to you doesn't mean you cannot communicate with them regurlarly.

There isn't any rush to make freinds so don't pressure yourself into getting everything in order too much, it will all come together over time.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 6:41 am
JRB
Forum Regular

JRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to behold

Byron Bay is so beautiful, one of my favourite parts of Australia. I know it sounds a cliche but have you thought about doing an evening course or something. Maybe see if the library has any information such as book clubs, or maybe do some volunteer work, get involved in local community events e.g Easter blues festival, local markets, music scene etc. I remember doing an exercise class in the Byron Bay surf club and everyone was super friendly. Maybe join the surf life saving club, that seems a good way to meet people. They provide training and you only have to do a few days a month or something and I think there's lots of social events. Good luck with everything. I know how hard it can be as I used to live in Aus for 5 years but Byron Bay is one place I have really fond memories of. Are you working? Hope it works out. As the previous poster said, give it time.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:39 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vickyclements
hI,

Thanks
Vicky Clements
Hi Vicky

Sadly I am not In Byron Bay but in Melbourne or I would be over in a trice to try & cheer you up! I am feeling just the same (in fact I have just had to get some happy pills from Docs to help me out) It's hard when all your friends and rellies are in a different time zone but I'm sure you'll meet some folks soon. Are there any local activities you can join-such as a meditation or yoga class-meet people & relax at the same time?

Jools