Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Motorbikes in Brisbane

Motorbikes in Brisbane

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 5:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Motorbikes in Brisbane

Don't want to divert any of you from the story of Pollyana the Witch (my 2 mates & I are in stitches over it!!!) , but heres a little query someone might be able to help with.

I have this mad idea of turning up at my (eek!) wedding on the back of a motorbike. I was a pillion passenger years ago on a variety of machines from a CB125 through CB550s to rusty Triumph chops and finally a beautiful GSX1100. Have never lost the bug, though I'm not a rider myself.
Anyway, I know there are lots of places in Oz that do tourist trips on Harleys/Viragos and the like. Does anyone know of anywhere which could provide bike and rider, in the Brissie/Redcliffe/ Sunshine Coast area to get me from hotel to wedding venue? At a reasonable cost cos this is Cheap Weddings Pty having spent all my cash on the shipping fees! Suggestions anyone?
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 5:20 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Motorbikes in Brisbane

Originally posted by Pollyana
Don't want to divert any of you from the story of Pollyana the Witch (my 2 mates & I are in stitches over it!!!) , but heres a little query someone might be able to help with.

I have this mad idea of turning up at my (eek!) wedding on the back of a motorbike. I was a pillion passenger years ago on a variety of machines from a CB125 through CB550s to rusty Triumph chops and finally a beautiful GSX1100. Have never lost the bug, though I'm not a rider myself.
Anyway, I know there are lots of places in Oz that do tourist trips on Harleys/Viragos and the like. Does anyone know of anywhere which could provide bike and rider, in the Brissie/Redcliffe/ Sunshine Coast area to get me from hotel to wedding venue? At a reasonable cost cos this is Cheap Weddings Pty having spent all my cash on the shipping fees! Suggestions anyone?
Depends when you're getting hitched. I'd do the job for you myself, but I won't be there till next year.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 6:34 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well its next year, but only just - end of January. Thanks for the offer though, much appreciated!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

come on you bikers offer the lady a lift,i know there are loads of you already out there.
Im the same as chippy, pollyanna,would offer my hubbies services ,if you could hitch your dress up and cock your leg up over a blade but we are not out until next summer.

what bike have you got chippy and are you taking it over?
donna
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 8:45 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by donna
come on you bikers offer the lady a lift,i know there are loads of you already out there.
Im the same as chippy, pollyanna,would offer my hubbies services ,if you could hitch your dress up and cock your leg up over a blade but we are not out until next summer.

what bike have you got chippy and are you taking it over?
donna
VFR 800 (vtec) & XR250.
No, I'll buy again when I'm there. I'm taking as little as possible...hoping to get it all in the hand luggage.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 8:48 pm
Badge

er get back to you once I've got me CBT

;-)

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 8:55 pm
Home and Happy

I shall be wearing trousers, so getting my leg over will be no problem ..... I ought to repharse that, but it'll give us all a snigger!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 9:22 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by badgersmount
er get back to you once I've got me CBT

;-)
Have'nt you done that yet. You're spending too much time with this marriage lark. Sort yourself out mate.