Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Motor Mechanic on the MODL

Motor Mechanic on the MODL

Old Dec 8th 2004, 9:02 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Motor Mechanic on the MODL

I know no one can tell, but I just wonder the chances of Motor Mechanic still being on the MODL in 3 years time?

Ok, how long is a piece of string? I know, but I just wonder what you people think?

Thanks
Old Dec 8th 2004, 11:48 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Motor Mechanic on the MODL

Originally Posted by Jim2004
I know no one can tell, but I just wonder the chances of Motor Mechanic still being on the MODL in 3 years time?
Trying to 'chase' the MODL is a risky exercise. It's important to understand that the MODL is reflective of *short-term* shortages in Australia while the SOL is more reflective of longer term shortages.

If lots of motor mechanics migrate, and the TAFE colleges turn out newly-qualified mechanics, then in three years time DIMIA and DEWR could well have decided there's no longer a critical shortage anymore.

Jeremy
Old Dec 9th 2004, 3:38 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: Motor Mechanic on the MODL

Originally Posted by JAJ
Trying to 'chase' the MODL is a risky exercise. It's important to understand that the MODL is reflective of *short-term* shortages in Australia while the SOL is more reflective of longer term shortages.

If lots of motor mechanics migrate, and the TAFE colleges turn out newly-qualified mechanics, then in three years time DIMIA and DEWR could well have decided there's no longer a critical shortage anymore.

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy, yeah this is what I gather. I was just hoping someone could tell me something I didn't know, like it was planned to be on there for 5 years! ...lol

You know my situ I think, and to be honest I don't think Mechanics over in Oz seem to be making decent money so I'm now thinking more on the lines of 'Air Conditioning' now.

Same answer for that I know ........... well unless you know different?