Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

motor car roadside breakdown advice

motor car roadside breakdown advice

Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

Helen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to all
Default motor car roadside breakdown advice

Hello there. I have just purchased my new car in Aussie, and have decided I should get myself some breakdown cover. I was always an AA member in the UK, and needed them twice, and they really came through for me. The thought of driving around withouth that magical number to call when I need to scares me! So, does anyone have any suggestions on who to subscribe to over here in Sydney for breakdown help? Thanks
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:56 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: motor car roadside breakdown advice

Originally Posted by Helen-17
Hello there. I have just purchased my new car in Aussie, and have decided I should get myself some breakdown cover. I was always an AA member in the UK, and needed them twice, and they really came through for me. The thought of driving around withouth that magical number to call when I need to scares me! So, does anyone have any suggestions on who to subscribe to over here in Sydney for breakdown help? Thanks
Got all our vehicles with the NRMA... Had to call them a few times and so far they've been great...

NRMA
Old Mar 13th 2008, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Helen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DrWho
Got all our vehicles with the NRMA... Had to call them a few times and so far they've been great...

NRMA
Thank you! Found them online - will sign up
Old Mar 13th 2008, 4:04 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

there are other companies as well that provide this service. NRMA is by far the biggest - once a member you can also get other services like free maps, insurance discounts etc.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light

Not sure where you are but we're in QLD and are with RACQ who have been great too. We also transferred our AA membership so we didn't start at the blue level. If you still have your AA card or some proof of how long you've been a member they take it into account. If you sign up with NRMA ask them too as they are a big company so may do the same.

Tasha x