Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

mothers thoughts?

mothers thoughts?

Old May 9th 2005, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future
Question mothers thoughts?

hi mums! what are your thoughts on flying to oz with a 1year old and no stop over, or is that cruel and should we stop? any opinions welcome!!
Old May 9th 2005, 7:27 pm
jude

judeyoga will become famous soon enoughjudeyoga will become famous soon enough
Default Re: mothers thoughts?

Originally Posted by island.girl
hi mums! what are your thoughts on flying to oz with a 1year old and no stop over, or is that cruel and should we stop? any opinions welcome!!
My thoughts are 'go for it and get it over and done with'. My brother took twin 3 year olds with a stopover in singapore and they seemed to think this threw them out of balance more than the flight itself. We will be taking an 18 month old and a 2 1/2 year old (hopefully and eventually!) and our plan is to fly non stop if possible.

So if you are being cruel - we could form a cruel mums club!
Old May 9th 2005, 7:32 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

I will have a 3 year old and a 1 year old when we fly - I am in two minds do I want to get it over and done with or do I want to give myself a break! It also depends on how long you are going to stop if for only a night I would, myself, fly without a stop over as stopping and then, the next day, getting on a plane again seems like a nightmare. If stopping for more than one night I would do the stop over.

Mrs Wargod
Old May 9th 2005, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

crowley has a spectacular aura aboutcrowley has a spectacular aura aboutcrowley has a spectacular aura about

I think that counts as cruel and unusual punishment for the other passengers Island Girl .... But if you’re 1 year old has flown before and doesn’t have any problems with pressure it will probably sleep a lot ! I wish my two did !

Hope its a good flight

Old May 9th 2005, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future

cheers ladies think well be going straight there!get it over and done with. even if it is cruel to other passengers!
Old May 9th 2005, 8:04 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Harry will be almost 2 when we go, and I want to get it all out of the way in one go.

We have a test flight to Tenerife about a month before we go, so will make the firm decision then

Claire
xx
Old May 9th 2005, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
We flew non stop with a 2 and a 5 year old. Definitely the best way to go. Didn't want to have to unload, go to hotel with all luggage etc. Kiddies coped well with no problems and both slept quite a bit.
Pootle