Reload this Page >

Mosman or Neutral Bay

Mosman or Neutral Bay

Old Sep 26th 2010, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

man777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mosman or Neutral Bay

Dear friends,
We are moving to sydney with two kids 9 years and 3 years and wondering if any one can share some experience of pre schools and primary schools in these areas. My office would be in neutral bay and we are looking to rent either a townhouse or 2 bedroom apartments and hoping it would be easy to find good accomodation in these two areas at around AD 550 per week.

Also would someone please recommend any other good schooling areas near neutral bay which have good connectivity with public transport and within 30 minutes travel time.
Cheers and thanks for any response.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

gelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mosman or Neutral Bay

Well Neutral Bay has Neutral Bay OC (Opportunity Class). But really I have no idea. Both areas are very wealthy though.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by man777 View Post
Dear friends,
We are moving to sydney with two kids 9 years and 3 years and wondering if any one can share some experience of pre schools and primary schools in these areas. My office would be in neutral bay and we are looking to rent either a townhouse or 2 bedroom apartments and hoping it would be easy to find good accomodation in these two areas at around AD 550 per week.

Also would someone please recommend any other good schooling areas near neutral bay which have good connectivity with public transport and within 30 minutes travel time.
Scecgs Redlands is supposed to be a good school and its in N.Bay/Cremorne, bit pricey I would say.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

I rented a unit near Neutral Bay and I personally didn't enjoy it in that area. I found SOME (not all) of the people cold, unwelcoming, rather snobbish and cliquey, I found it rather hard to settle there. But I realise the majority of places have a broad range of people with different backgrounds and I did make a few friends out that way via my Australian wife.

If you come from a wealthy area of the South of England and like keeping up with the neighbours you will fit right in. Lots of bling bling / yummy mummy competitions out that way.

Last edited by Jon77; Sep 26th 2010 at 3:10 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man777 View Post
Dear friends,

I doubt you'll find anything at that price in Mosman. And if you do they'll have to evict the dog first! Renting will not be easy I'm afraid to say, too little on offer, too much competition. Good luck.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

emigratingherberts will become famous soon enoughemigratingherberts will become famous soon enough

Not a chance getting a decent rental for that money I'm afraid. Both areas are very busy and traffic is a nightmare both weekdays and weekends. Most schools are pretty good and plenty of choice tho. Good luck.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

We live in Neutral bay. 3 bed Townhouse. We are paying $700

Agree with Jon. Esp Mosman - Lot of snobs round there, cliquey - just like he says. If you're into that you'll love it. Neutral bay bit better. Try Cremorne. You'll end up paying $650 min though. As with all cities further out you go cheaper it'll be. Are some bargains. This place is okay and you could get it for 650 I reckon. If you want something more modern etc then 700+

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/Fo.../?adid=6674331

Not all bad though - its an awesome place. 10 mins to town/beach. Great food, amenities

Last edited by itxrd; Sep 28th 2010 at 9:42 am.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

We rented in Neutral Bay for just over a year, loved the place, great neighbours and we had a view of the Harbour Bridge from our deck. We'd move back in a heart beat but it was just too damned expensive.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Sushimania will become famous soon enoughSushimania will become famous soon enough

We've been living in Mosman just over two weeks and think the area is absolutely beautiful. The houses are lovely. Although I do agree that some of the mums I met at the local library were slightly snobby.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Sushimania will become famous soon enoughSushimania will become famous soon enough

Ps. Very good school in the area as well. If you move to the Mosman, email me! I have 8 & 2 y.o.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

man777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sushimania View Post
Ps. Very good school in the area as well. If you move to the Mosman, email me! I have 8 & 2 y.o.
Thanks and hope you are settling in well. Hope you have enrolled your elder one to good school. If we can get nice accomodation in Mosman near M Public School, we will prefer Mosman otherwise Neutral Bay or Killara but certianly will keep you posted. We will be hopefully moving to sydney in december, date is yet to be confirmed as 457 is in progress.
Cheers
Old Oct 25th 2010, 2:55 am
cdb
Just Joined

cdb is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Neutral Bay and love it, Its also quite a bit cheaper than places like Manly where I used to live!