mortgages

Old Jan 18th 2015, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

fromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nice
Default mortgages

Hi,
Not sure what my stars say at the moment but this month has been a month of finance!
Anyway, this would be more helpful for my sister and parents than me.
If my parents own a house valued at $500k and live in Melbourne. They want to pay off my sister's mortgage ($200K left) and she lives up in QLD. This would leave them with $300K. However, they want to buy a house which costs $600k, so my sister has offered to buy them this house as she can get a mortgage for $600k.
This didn't make sense to me because I just thought she could just pay the extra $100k for my parents. I also think she may be taxed for receiving $200k, would she? I think she's trying to get out of some kind of taxes?
It all sounds crazy but I thought I'd ask you the professionals.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

john in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mortgages

I am a finance broker and this is a bit messy in all of this - is it that you sister is doing a home loan because the parents can not qualify for a home loan ???

If the current house is 500 K and they put 200 K towards her home that leaves 300 K as you stated and a need for a further 300 K plus costs???.

Please Pm me if you wish to go through all of this all.