mortgages

Old Sep 8th 2004, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

bainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant future
Default mortgages

My wife and I are hoping to apply for our PR visa early next year. By then I’ll have the four years experience the ACS need to asses my skills.

We’d love to go to Brisbane, I’ve had a look at some of the real estate sites but was just wondering how much we’d need to earn to afford a house around $300k. Also how does the mortgage system work, is it similar to the UK system? Would one of us have to be in permanent employment for a certain length of time before they lend us the cash.

Cheers
Old Sep 8th 2004, 11:16 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: mortgages

Originally Posted by bainser
My wife and I are hoping to apply for our PR visa early next year. By then I’ll have the four years experience the ACS need to asses my skills.

We’d love to go to Brisbane, I’ve had a look at some of the real estate sites but was just wondering how much we’d need to earn to afford a house around $300k. Also how does the mortgage system work, is it similar to the UK system? Would one of us have to be in permanent employment for a certain length of time before they lend us the cash.

Cheers
If you do a search here on "Mortgage" you will find some interesting threads like this one:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=mortgage

This website will give you an idea of how much you can borrow based on income figures that you enter.
https://homeloan.stgeorge.com.au/bpc_appdtls.asp

The amount of deposit you have will be a Big infuencing factor.

Good luck

Old Sep 8th 2004, 11:55 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Does the govt still give money to first time buyers of new homes???
Old Sep 9th 2004, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Stormz
Does the govt still give money to first time buyers of new homes???
Gov still gives $7,000 to first time buyers of new AND old homes in ALL states so long as you've never owned a property IN Oz before. You can even still own a property abroard and STILL get the money.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 4:38 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kiwipaul
Gov still gives $7,000 to first time buyers of new AND old homes in ALL states so long as you've never owned a property IN Oz before. You can even still own a property abroard and STILL get the money.
God I Love Oz!
Mark